Premed 101 Forums

Places to eat in MTL!

new user name

This is the place you need to go to: L'avenue (and believe me the wait is more than worth it! Just don't eat before going - for me brunch/ breakfast is the bast cuz I love the fresh fruit but they serve all meals)

The Bagel places Drakoulias mentioned are also a must. Fairmount bagel is open 24h.

Sushi wise Tri-Express on Laurier are the best :)

C

Karma, you have such good taste. :)

You need to go to Schwartz's on the Main (St. Lawrence). You sit at the counter or at a table and talk with people from around the world. Aa smoked meat sandiwch with french fries, pickle and cherry coke is a miust for everybody once in your life. If there is a line-ip, pass everybody and take a seat at the counter or worst case scenario, order a smoked meat form the counter and eat it while walking but you only will be able to carry the sandwich, nothing else. It's a walk from McGill and perfect for lunch! Proceed along Pine Ave. (it is east of Royal Victoria Hospital), cross Park and continue East until St. Lawrence. Turn left and proceed until you see the restaurant. It is on the right hand side (eastern side of the street).

Then, there is Fairmount Bagel on Fairmount or St. Viateur Bagel on St. Viateur. A fresh, hot Montreal bagel is a treat found nowhwere else on earth. St. Viateur Bagel has a lovely restaurant in Monkland Village in N.D.G.

And there is alwasy Cora's for breakfast until 3 PM. One is on Park Ave.. near Ssherbrooke, another on Stanley downtown. And try their fudge as you walk in, and again, when you leave. Truly delicious! They also have Montreal bagel with breakfast instead of toast if you like.

Thursday's on Crescent St. in downtown Montreal, on Sunday mornings after 10 AM has the most fabuloius and cost effect breakfast with all the rolls, croisants, danish you want for free, plus dessert thrown in the price. Free validated parking at Hotel Montagne on Mountain St. for guests and you walk underground into the restaurant - same owner.

Karma, you have such good taste. :)

You need to go to Schwartz's on the Main (St. Lawrence). You sit at the counter or at a table and talk with people from around the world. Aa smoked meat sandiwch with french fries, pickle and cherry coke is a miust for everybody once in your life. If there is a line-ip, pass everybody and take a seat at the counter or worst case scenario, order a smoked meat form the counter and eat it while walking but you only will be able to carry the sandwich, nothing else. It's a walk from McGill and perfect for lunch! Proceed along Pine Ave. (it is east of Royal Victoria Hospital), cross Park and continue East until St. Lawrence. Turn left and proceed until you see the restaurant. It is on the right hand side (eastern side of the street).

Then, there is Fairmount Bagel on Fairmount or St. Viateur Bagel on St. Viateur. A fresh, hot Montreal bagel is a treat found nowhwere else on earth. St. Viateur Bagel has a lovely restaurant in Monkland Village in N.D.G.

And there is alwasy Cora's for breakfast until 3 PM. One is on Park Ave.. near Ssherbrooke, another on Stanley downtown. And try their fudge as you walk in, and again, when you leave. Truly delicious! They also have Montreal bagel with breakfast instead of toast if you like.

+1

I don't even really like smoked meat and yet I go to Schwartz's every time I'm in Montreal. mmm

If you really want to experience some old-fashioned Montreal dining, I would suggest Cosmo's in the NDG district for breakfast and Shwartz's for their smoked meat, although I personally think that Shwartz's smoked meat isn't the best here in Montreal, but that may be up for debate.

In terms of sushi, Kashima on Greene in the municipality of Westmount is absolutely EXCELLENT. It's rarely busy, newely renovated with large granite-top tables, great sushi chefs, and has a very intimate atmosphere.

The poutine place mentioned above is good as well, but if you go during the after-hours then expect little to no seating availability.

I can go on forever, but Toyo and La Milsa located in the heart of downtown are excellent specialty joints if you're looking for fun places to go with a friend or group.

Have fun

• 1 month later...
I went there two weeks ago. I'm a big dude, an ex football player, and I couldn't finish their large T-Rex poutine :eek: . Also, here's what it looked like:

images%3Fq%3Dla%2Bbanquise%2Bt-rex%2Bpoutine%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D775%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=459&oei=QFGeTbjqL8WG0QH9z63KBA&page=1&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:0&tx=137&ty=81

Some fries and cottage cheese hidden under a pound of meat (four different kinds). That's what real man food looks like :D .

Oh James. I stuffed myself full of that...I think I threw up in the street afterwards.

BUT IT WAS JUST TOO GOOD

Trust me La Banquise poutine is OVERRATED! The appeal of the place is that it's a 24 hour poutine place, one of its kind but the poutine itself is not very good. You'll get better poutine at La Belle Province. I do recommend La Quincaillerie, the bar next to it.

Trust me La Banquise poutine is OVERRATED! The appeal of the place is that it's a 24 hour poutine place, one of its kind but the poutine itself is not very good. You'll get better poutine at La Belle Province. I do recommend La Quincaillerie, the bar next to it.

True. I went there once and I didn't really like the poutine...

Archived