Premed 101 Forums

Final Acceptance Notices

new user name

hmm yeah i guess it could have been 'three weeks from this friday' which would make it the 18th. I circled the 18th on my calendar that same day so ignore my previous post.

Sorry for the confusion ... my brain must have still been rattled from the MMI.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone tried calling the offices to confirm the release date of acceptances?

They had mentioned that they know the ranking within a few days of the interviews, but that the rest of the time is spent confirming that they didnt make any mistakes. The 18th date might not be a firm date, especially if they didnt pass this information to all interview sessions. Wishful thinking I guess, but Im hoping the responses come out earlier!

Has anyone tried calling the offices to confirm the release date of acceptances?

They had mentioned that they know the ranking within a few days of the interviews, but that the rest of the time is spent confirming that they didnt make any mistakes. The 18th date might not be a firm date, especially if they didnt pass this information to all interview sessions. Wishful thinking I guess, but Im hoping the responses come out earlier!

honestly, it could be tomorrow!

Message to McGill adcoms, who do indeed read this forum: You have made some really weird/crappy choices. And, I say this, not talking about me (who was rejected pre-interview) but about some of the people you interviewed. The personality people show you on your MMI does not correlate with real life. Consider that.

Dear MedPen. While I understand and sympathize with your frustrations (rejections are truly a shot to the heart), I resent your comment about some applicants being 'crappy choices'. Not cool man. It's a pretty dink-ish move to make judgmental comments of others' applications, and then post them in a forum for all to see. Spare the judgments next time pal.

Good luck with your other applications.

Dear MedPen. While I understand and sympathize with your frustrations (rejections are truly a shot to the heart), I resent your comment about some applicants being 'crappy choices'. Not cool man. It's a pretty dink-ish move to make judgmental comments of others' applications, and then post them in a forum for all to see. Spare the judgments next time pal.

Good luck with your other applications.

hey did you guys have to open the PDF to see if you are accepted?

I happen to think some of the applicants (very few but some) are crappy choices. I find that some of the other applicants are awesome choices and would gladly have them as my doctor. What's wrong with that? I'm entitled to my opinion.

It's just the way you presented it that rubs some people the wrong way. Of course, we all know some people who don't ever get in, and would've made fantastic doctors. And I'm sure every med class has a few head-scratchers. But, saying that MMI does not correlate with real life is a bit ridiculous. It may not be the best venue for EVERYONE to show off their personality, but med schools use it because their research has found it works the best for most people, or helps schools identify the character traits they are going after.

I don't know what you'd have them do. Panel interview? A lot of people would argue they'd rather the opportunity to have "fresh starts" which the MMI allows, and the chance to meet with more assessors. Would you rather no interview? That's just a little silly. So I just don't know what you'd have them do....There's no perfect system, only the system that is the fairest for the largest number of people.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but don't post that some people who got in aren't worthy, or that a school doesn't know what they're doing. That isn't a productive attitude, and won't get you anywhere.

Message to McGill adcoms, who do indeed read this forum: You have made some really weird/crappy choices. And, I say this, not talking about me (who was rejected pre-interview) but about some of the people you interviewed. The personality people show you on your MMI does not correlate with real life. Consider that.

I'm not surprised you got rejected, MedPen, given your message above. Good choice McGill.

Good luck to all other applicants.

The more I think about it, the more I think the french schools have a better approach. At least the first part of their selection (interview invites) is objective. And, then, the MMI can weed off the weaker candidates.

That's actually very UNfair. Somebody misses a GPA cutoff by .01, but would've been the perfect candidate, and they don't get the chance to show it. Holistic is better, IMO.

Archived