Premed 101 Forums

The Official May 13 Countdown Thread

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the limit of my patience, I think. I have played the game - re-written my MCAT, finished a second degree, volunteered here, done volunteer research abroad, improved my references, practiced my interview and have now had 3 shots at it....basically, I am not improving as an applicant beyond where I am now and to me it's just not worth going through this any more times. Now, that's just me - med is my dream but I am almost as excited for grad school and a career in research and I'm tired of waiting to move into the final phase of my education - on with the plans, whichever ones happen to work out. :P

Good points! I have also explored other avenues/plans but don't feel, atleast not right now, that I would be as content or satisfied doing something else. I have to say that I, in a way, envy you for being able to move on!!!

It's the limit of my patience, I think. I have played the game - re-written my MCAT, finished a second degree, volunteered here, done volunteer research abroad, improved my references, practiced my interview and have now had 3 shots at it....basically, I am not improving as an applicant beyond where I am now and to me it's just not worth going through this any more times. Now, that's just me - med is my dream but I am almost as excited for grad school and a career in research and I'm tired of waiting to move into the final phase of my education - on with the plans, whichever ones happen to work out. :P

Me too! I am pumped for grad school now

Can anyone guess what time on May 13 we should expect to get notifications? Any guesses if it will staggered again, like the interview invites, or if it all comes out at 1 time?

I guess I am trying to determine how many hours I will have to book in that day to sit in front of my computer and hit refresh....!

Can anyone guess what time on May 13 we should expect to get notifications? Any guesses if it will staggered again, like the interview invites, or if it all comes out at 1 time?

I guess I am trying to determine how many hours I will have to book in that day to sit in front of my computer and hit refresh....!

Notifications should be out by 11am, from past experience.

I will perform any sex favor of their choosing to everyone in this thread if i get accepted tomorrw.

Thats how sure i am that i wont :(

well, you won't get accepted tomorrow... because notifications don't go out until friday.

good luck though.

I know from last year there was about a 45 min delay from the time my rejection letter came to my OAS account from when I got the actual email to my hotmail account informing me I had a message waiting. So if you want to find out as soon as possible keep checking your OAS account and don't wait for the email.

Ahh the waiting game... there is no better way to play it then in the hot sun of the Caribbean. I hope I get in, but if I don't I will enjoy my time down here and have another shot next year. Volunteering abroad in a medical position is definitely the way to go if you don't get in this year (this is what I did last year, and my volunteer position turned into an amazing job). Sadly I didn't get to put it on my application as it was after the apps were submitted.

Anyway good luck to everyone tomorrow, but its not the end of the world if its a rejection.

You have the right attitude (and no doubt, being in the right environment does help). Delay only makes aceptance all the sweeter. And truly, there is no rush. Enjoying the journey is far, far more important than actually achieving the goal because there will always be another goal, and another...and...

Archived