Premed 101 Forums

The Official May 13 Countdown Thread

So now that it is March and interviews are all done, we are just over 2 months away from knowing our fates come September. I thought it would be best to create an official countdown thread! With that said, we are just 73 days from the decision.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So now that it is March and interviews are all done, we are just over 2 months away from knowing our fates come September. I thought it would be best to create an official countdown thread! With that said, we are just 73 days from the decision.

How very exciting!

I should point out... the start date is technically in August... not September... at least with regards to orientation.

It's been a long ride this year and for all of those lucky enough to still be waiting, we are almost there. For those that didn't move on, June 1st is 90ish days away...

Those two dates will be here before we know it. I'm pumped!

I'm thinking of boycotting the forums for the last month up until the date.. and maybe for the rest of my life just to save myself from the humiliationnn

You and me both!

I am like addicted to this thing... as if somehow reading everything on here improves my chances or makes me feel like I am doing something in terms of getting in to medical school... even though I know it doesn't. At this point everything is out of my hands (save Ottawa and Alberta interviews) so I guess reading med related stuff maybe makes me feel as if I am still in control or something, I dunno... But I do know that I am super distracted from studying for my midterms!!

And if I don't get in anywhere reading everyone's acceptances may not help the deflated balloon that is myself (although I would still be happy for those who get in).

Boycotting, therefore, may be necessary for me... we'll see!

How very exciting!

June 1st is 90ish days away...

Oh wow I just realized how close we are to the application and now I am worried that I havnt done enough! I am also excited in a way as it can be the begining of something great (hopefully)

Good luck for the people waiting for their offers this year :)

I really wish I had more backup plans. I'm not even planning to look for a job until I hear the news.

Backup plans...I love graduating and all, but I guess that means I'll be "academically homeless" come september if I don't get in to med:(

i'm pretty sure mcgill already gave out acceptances/regrets/waitlist info.

Apparently they let people know approx 2 weeks after interviews??

Just curious...does anyone know what ubc/uofc/uofa do in the 2.5 months after interviews that only takes mcgill 2 weeks???:confused:

Just curious...does anyone know what ubc/uofc/uofa do in the 2.5 months after interviews that only takes mcgill 2 weeks???:confused:

Laugh at all the people they are torturing!! :)

the website has a "timeline" of the application process.

march is the month of ranking

april 30th is course completion deadline

that's all they say before May 13th...

like others have mentioned on other threads- i think it stems more from the tradition of notifications going out in may than actually needing the time for anything in particular. it also ensures less pressure is put on students to pony up the dough for a school that may be a second or third choice.

i think it is entirely possible to shift the offers up to the end of march... it wouldn't change anything, except those that are offered a spot, but aren't sure would have to pay the 1000.00 to hold the spot until they hear about their number 1 or 2 or 3 choice... i think 1000.00 is a fair price to pay to hold an insurance spot for a student.

it's win-win- the students get to know earlier and the school benefits from extra deposit money.

Third time doing this waiting game. I was foolish the last few years, and didn't even prepare a plan B. This year, I have a plan B nailed down already, and I certainly have a lot more peace with the whole process.

The last two years, I have only interviewed at UBC, and so the waiting game was longer. This year, my interview at UofA is on the 19th of March, so the waiting might not be THAT bad.

I think I am finally at peace with my plan B.

Third time doing this waiting game. I was foolish the last few years, and didn't even prepare a plan B. This year, I have a plan B nailed down already, and I certainly have a lot more peace with the whole process.

The last two years, I have only interviewed at UBC, and so the waiting game was longer. This year, my interview at UofA is on the 19th of March, so the waiting might not be THAT bad.

I think I am finally at peace with my plan B.

my third year too. what's your plan B RaV?

I don't like being too specific about things online, but my plan B is an M.Sc./professional program that has interested me for a while. :) Thanks for asking! I'm glad (well not glad for the rejections) that there are some other people like me here too! Best of luck to you RiceWine.

I'm 25 by the way.

I don't like being too specific about things online, but my plan B is an M.Sc./professional program that has interested me for a while. :) Thanks for asking! I'm glad (well not glad for the rejections) that there are some other people like me here too! Best of luck to you RiceWine.

I'm 25 by the way.

i'm not far off, turning 25 soon :eek: Best of luck to you too RaVen :D

I'm 25 by the way.

It's good to have a plan B... I have a couple in the works should this year not work out... I really hope this year works out though:P

I don't feel as old now... I'm 25 too. Although, this is my first application so I'm way behind you in terms of applications.

Good luck with the M.Sc. Plan B- let's hope you don't need it!

lol...i dont even wanna open the link..is this the rain and interview article...it poouuuuurrrred the day i interviewed at U of T

...but tehre were no windows in the interview room so.....

yea i've seen this before. the day i interviewed, there was SNOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

Archived