Premed 101 Forums

The Official May 13 Countdown Thread

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I have learned that the date of acceptance/rejection between western and ontario schools are different this year. In particular, I believe that ontario schools release results a week before western schools. Will this put applicants in a tight timeline where they will be forced to accept/decline an offer from one school before even hearing back from another. Does anybody know how long people have to accept an offer? I ask this question because I've heard that you cannot confirm multiple acceptances to different schools. Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself here with this question, but thought I would plan for this scenario in the off chance that it happens. Thanks!

UGH I am so ready to be out of limbo. In or not, I just need to have some closure!

I'm with you! The confidence is getting motion sickness from this roller coaster ride of "I think I did well/ahh I should have said this, what was I thinking"....

46 days 11 hours 51 minutes 04 seconds until i start frantically refreshing a certain application website.

(i has a widget).

LOL! It seems like everyone has a widget! I enjoy doing it the old fashion way-crossing out the days on my calendar on my wall with GIANT X's! :D

I prefer to ignore the wait as much as possible. It feels like just yesterday that my first interview was over (UBC), now they are all over, and I'm waiting. Time will fly by.

Maybe I just work too many hours. I'm averaging like 55-65 hours a week at work. Between that and all the other things going on, there is little time to stress out.

I still have dreams about May 13 though. Good and bad.

Just to share a story of mine while we wait...

A few weeks before the interview, my mom had a dream where a big door opened wide and bright light came through it. In the oriental world, this dream is meant to be good...where wealth, power and force will be with me and become an influential person in society.

Also, my dad dreamed that I did not get into ubc med while other friends of mine got in! he is telling me that dreams are opposite to reality and keep on saying that I will get in haha. HOPING THIS IS TRUE!!

funny eh? anyone else have some crazy story?

such paranoia...driving me crazy lol

Just to share a story of mine while we wait...

A few weeks before the interview, my mom had a dream where a big door opened wide and bright light came through it. In the oriental world, this dream is meant to be good...where wealth, power and force will be with me and become an influential person in society.

Also, my dad dreamed that I did not get into ubc med while other friends of mine got in! he is telling me that dreams are opposite to reality and keep on saying that I will get in haha. HOPING THIS IS TRUE!!

funny eh? anyone else have some crazy story?

such paranoia...driving me crazy lol

Well then, you're just going to have to let us know whether or not you get accepted this year just so we can confirm that these sorts of dreams can be indicative of future events :P

a month and half ladies and gents... that's it... it's kinda crazy how quickly the time is flying by.

i'm breaking up the monotony by trying to use the time to get fit(ter) and also have a countdown to easter... that way it's only 3 weeks to easter and 3 weeks to may 13th...

holy christ i'll be disappointed if i don't get in... :P all this counting and waiting.

a month and half ladies and gents... that's it... it's kinda crazy how quickly the time is flying by.

i'm breaking up the monotony by trying to use the time to get fit(ter) and also have a countdown to easter... that way it's only 3 weeks to easter and 3 weeks to may 13th...

holy christ i'll be disappointed if i don't get in... :P all this counting and waiting.

Ugh, I like your two countdowns better! My first countdown is three weeks until finals are done(I'm finished on the thursday right before Good Friday). And then three weeks until the big decision. Can we trade? :P

I also agree, it would totally suck to do all this counting only to be rejected! Oh well, nothing more we can do now to change it, just hope for the best!

So just to pass some time, what is everyone's favourite songs these days? A lot of new top 40 stuff out lately, but I'm pretty sure that song called Friday has to be one of the best out there! :rolleyes:
Ugh. Don't get me started on that song. It's bad enough that someone in my lab plays it all the time (because they actually like it).

That is a great idea, I may have to copy you too - I'm visiting my family for easter break - so excited!

May 13th will be here before you know it everyone :)

I figured out a great way to combat the stress of waiting. I procrastinated on doing my biochem prereq for UBC (via athabasca) for the last 3 months, and now I'm facing a mad scramble to get it done, and hopefully pull off a good grade, by April 30th! Not sure I would recommend this to anyone else though ;)

As an aside, I had a dream last week that I didn't get into UBC. Reason given: I giggled during the MMI. I'm not sure what meaning to pull out of that one!!

I figured out a great way to combat the stress of waiting. I procrastinated on doing my biochem prereq for UBC (via athabasca) for the last 3 months, and now I'm facing a mad scramble to get it done, and hopefully pull off a good grade, by April 30th! Not sure I would recommend this to anyone else though ;)

As an aside, I had a dream last week that I didn't get into UBC. Reason given: I giggled during the MMI. I'm not sure what meaning to pull out of that one!!

Probably ties to some deep dark fear of not taking yourself seriously enough... or maybe you feel that UBC doesn't appreciate humor.

Either way... 42 days people! 6 weeks! Before we know it the day will be here and it will be all over 'cept the crying.

I can't believe we are now in the 3x # of days remaining until May 13th.

This month of April is going to fly by. I have quite a bit of work to do, but I've also got long weekends for the rest of the month (except this week).

I also keep checking the OAS compulsively, hoping that they have accidentally posted our status early... I have a problem.

Archived