Premed 101 Forums

Weather and interview score

I clicked the link but it didn't bring me to the right place, from what I could tell anyways...

Lol when I saw the thread title I kind of laughed because I just pictured people hearing about it and freaking out :P My interview day was overcast and crappy, but in my mind, if you perform well, express yourself well, and just be yourself, the interviewers probably won't be thinking about the weather ;)

sorry about the link not working. It was working last night

Try googling

Rainy weather and medical school admission interviews

Donald A. Redelmeier, MD and Simon D. Baxter, BSc

From the Department of Medicine (Redelmeier, Baxter), University of Toronto; the Clinical Epidemiology Program (Redelmeier), Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre; and the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (Redelmeier, Baxter)m Toronto, Ont

It's not really random. It's researching undergraduate medical education and the admissions process. Tons of research in that field. I'm sure most of you have already seen this study...

http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/181/12/933

I think you may have missed a few posts, HBP. :P

I think this is the article for those who want to look at it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2789141/?tool=pubmed

sorry about the link not working. It was working last night

Try googling

Rainy weather and medical school admission interviews

Donald A. Redelmeier, MD and Simon D. Baxter, BSc

From the Department of Medicine (Redelmeier, Baxter), University of Toronto; the Clinical Epidemiology Program (Redelmeier), Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre; and the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (Redelmeier, Baxter)m Toronto, Ont

I think you may have missed a few posts, HBP. :P

Indeed I did.

I should add that the effect may not be due only to interviewer mood. It may actually be due to the fact that people interviewing on days with precipitation are in a worse mood. Or, more likely, both.

Archived