Premed 101 Forums

Wearing scrub pants at gym = douche?

tooty

Scrub pants + normal t-shirt at community gym = douche?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Scrub pants + normal t-shirt at community gym = douche?

• Yes
    • No

Bring your white coat as well (that you've had embroidered with your name and program) and leave it on your equipment while you're in between sets to make sure nobody takes it while you're away at the drinking fountain and/or chatting with friends. When you've finished your last workout*, immediately get up and walk out of the gym with an impatient scowl on your face, while putting on the coat so that it flows behind you like a robe in the breeze while you're getting your arms through the sleeves.

* Even better, when your pager goes off

hahahaaaahaah

also, don't forget to tie your stethoscope around your waist.

I never understood this...personally I associate scrubs with the hospital and all the MRSA/VRE/other nasty stuff that could be attached to them. I have been lazy and worn scrubs home or driven in them, but I never run errands in them because if I see people doing that in public, I wonder where their scrubs have been and bringing it into pubilc isn't exactly great.

One thing that really bothers me is scrubs in a grocery store, ick....and same with a gym where there is physical contact.

Now if they're CLEAN scrubs, I don't get it at all....why not just wear normal gym clothes? And why would you want to go to work/hosptial after you're sweating up a storm in scrubs? People have to stand in close proximity when wearing scrubs in the OR lol.

And there's a huge slit on the side, which is kinda really inconvenient....

My thoughts exactly! I am so weirded out when i see scrubs in grocery stores. :confused:

Archived