Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites (CEGEP applicants)

r201

they announce the final decisions on may 14th?....thats during the finals....not a good combination:eek:

thats IF i get an interview of course...

Yeah I think it on May 14th. I tried to look it up on the school website but nothing is written there.

I'll probably bomb my final exams...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I think it on May 14th. I tried to look it up on the school website but nothing is written there.

I'll probably bomb my final exams...

My year, final decisions were released a week or two before my finals. The timing can't be better in my opinion :P

Also, interview invites caught me totally by surprise and saved me from wasting time refreshing my inbox :D

Let us know when they send out decisions!

My year, final decisions were released a week or two before my finals. The timing can't be better in my opinion :P

Also, interview invites caught me totally by surprise and saved me from wasting time refreshing my inbox :D

Let us know when they send out decisions!

Your right, a week or two before the finals would be perfect. As for the refreshing the inbox part, I just think it adds to the experience you know, waiting for something you worked a long time for just makes you appreciate the opportunity that much more. It is nice of you to share your experience and assure us cegepiens, did your interview go well? hopefully you got accepted:)

One of my friends called McGill 4 days ago and they told him that the deadline is really the 24th (no invites after that unless some of the invitees decline it), so he asked if they will be sending them earlier, but they didn't give him any other info than saying that if they're ready before the 24th, they will be sent out. As for may 14th, isn't that a Saturday, do they send responses during the weekend,

So, from tomorrow morning, they could start sending invites at any moment, good luck everybody :rolleyes:

Your right, a week or two before the finals would be perfect. As for the refreshing the inbox part, I just think it adds to the experience you know, waiting for something you worked a long time for just makes you appreciate the opportunity that much more. It is nice of you to share your experience and assure us cegepiens, did your interview go well? hopefully you got accepted:)

I'm not sure how I did on my interviews to be honest. I was thrilled with the final result however :) . McGill's MMIs are amazing and makes the other school's MMI's look like a joke. They were challenging but yet really fun. They also fed us in our year - was an excellent lunch actually.

To me, the interview itself felt like doing a test that you've never learned the material for BUT you have an equation sheet and you know all the equations you need are there! It felt realistic and its not hard - but they really get you thinking - oh and bring your common sense with you to the interviews. I was exhasted after it but I had fun there. I'd say its important to familiarize yourself with the TYPES of stations but reherals arn't worth doing. I thought about the stations I had for weeks after the interview and finally gave up realizing they were too well designed and they could have tested any number of soft skills and attributes. Was a great experience though!

One of my friends called McGill 4 days ago and they told him that the deadline is really the 24th (no invites after that unless some of the invitees decline it), so he asked if they will be sending them earlier, but they didn't give him any other info than saying that if they're ready before the 24th, they will be sent out. As for may 14th, isn't that a Saturday, do they send responses during the weekend,

So, from tomorrow morning, they could start sending invites at any moment, good luck everybody :rolleyes:

They were capable of sending final decisions on the first minute of a new day so I can't see why they wouldn't be capable of sending them on a Saturday. But who knows when their final decisions will be ready. Mr Dansereau may tell you during your interviews :)

Congrats guys, I didn't receive anything, I have to admit I was pretty chocked, I have 36,5 CRC, 35 entries in the CV, and all of them are really rich, I didn't put all what I've done actually, and my references are more than excellent. Anyways, I'm gonna try to review the process hoping it'll work

Congrats guys, I didn't receive anything, I have to admit I was pretty chocked, I have 36,5 CRC, 35 entries in the CV, and all of them are really rich, I didn't put all what I've done actually, and my references are more than excellent. Anyways, I'm gonna try to review the process hoping it'll work

Me too :( How do you review the process ?

You expose the fact , but I think in this case what matter most is what they FEEL about you

Sorry to hear the news, I think you'll have a pretty good shot at french schools if you do well on the interview, good luck!

Archived