Premed 101 Forums

Viral Video: "Asians in the Library"

repede

HAHAHA; because we're tall and don't have squinty ass eyes? :P

I dunno, but all the cantonese-speaking chicks I've met do have slightly bigger eyes and have naturally darker (tan) looking skin, it's hott. I don't think they're taller, but they just seem hotter than the other chinese chicks for some odd reason, lol.

I actually went out with one. Not bad.

seriously, i thought he was hilarious! lol

I thought this guy was hilarious:

It's so annoying when people talk in the library!!! Doesn't matter if they are chinese or not.

Why go to a library and talk:confused:

I bet you money she'll probably move somewhere in the middle of america; you know, where nobody calls out on racism because it's culture there.

I bet you money she'll probably move somewhere in the middle of america; you know, where nobody calls out on racism because it's culture there.

very good point juice. Because we all know middle America is a bunch of redneck, racist, gun totting, Christian racists.

very good point juice. Because we all know middle America is a bunch of redneck, racist, gun totting, Christian racists.

Wow, that's super racist dude.

Redneck? Gun totting? CHRISTIAN!?

That's how you describe white people in america?

Also, christian? That's the world's largest religion that can't be confined to an ethnic group

Good going bud.

You should stop being so racist towards white people.

If politics can be considered a science, so can religion and fictional literature.

I do not downplay the rigor of the field, nor the academic ability required to excel in it. I merely think it is inaccurately named.

Any discipline that can insists on being called [random] science probably isn't.

For example, name the outlier --- a) Biology. B) Chemistry. c) Physics. d) Political science.

in that sense i agree, i'm not sure why they choose to call the program political science, it really should be called political studies.

Political Science is a social science, as it systematically studies how politics and humans act. if you were to study some literature within political sciences, you would see that some of the theories do stem from actual research within that field. Social = people= science= experimental... How do i know that? because im currently in some political science courses and i have read studies as such. Its more than just studying how politics work.

i've taken many political science courses myself, i've also taken philosophy, sociology, psychology, english and the gamut of arts (i was enrolled in arts for 3 years) and to me i think psychology is the broadest of disciplines which can truly be a science, and even psychology has major flaws in adhering to a traditional scientific paradigm. beyond the scope of the individual what we are studying becomes far more theoretical and is influenced to a far greater extent by our personal experiences and the lens in which we view the world, it's impossible to have a grasp on such a complex system and to define constructs in a way that is reliable and replicable, and thus it cannot meet the criterion of science. the mistake we make is putting science on a pedestal, there are many ways of deriving knowledge beyond science, and studying the history of political thought is one of them, however, political science essays will rarely produce the reliability and homogeny we expect to see in the harder sciences, such as chemistry etc. don't get me wrong, like brooksbane, i have a lot of respect for political science as a discipline, and will even acknowledge that physics itself is constructivist, however, if we adhere to the tenants of replicability and experimentation, whether synthetic, or induction, political science cannot be considered a science as science is defined most commonly.

Political Science is a social science, as it systematically studies how politics and humans act. if you were to study some literature within political sciences, you would see that some of the theories do stem from actual research within that field. Social = people= science= experimental... How do i know that? because im currently in some political science courses and i have read studies as such. Its more than just studying how politics work.

i've taken many political science courses myself, i've also taken philosophy, sociology, psychology, english and the gamut of arts (i was enrolled in arts for 3 years) and to me i think psychology is the broadest of disciplines which can truly be a science, and even psychology has major flaws in adhering to a traditional scientific paradigm. beyond the scope of the individual what we are studying becomes far more theoretical and is influenced to a far greater extent by our personal experiences and the lens in which we view the world, it's impossible to have a grasp on such a complex system and to define constructs in a way that is reliable and replicable, and thus it cannot meet the criterion of science. the mistake we make is putting science on a pedestal, there are many ways of deriving knowledge beyond science, and studying the history of political thought is one of them, however, political science essays will rarely produce the reliability and homogeny we expect to see in the harder sciences, such as chemistry etc. don't get me wrong, like brooksbane, i have a lot of respect for political science as a discipline, and will even acknowledge that physics itself is constructivist, however, if we adhere to the tenants of replicability and experimentation, whether synthetic, or induction, political science cannot be considered a science as science is defined most commonly.

Good post! As a slight aside an ex girlfriend referred to psychology as the "small penis" discipline, because it is always trying so hard to assert that it is indeed a science.

Good post! As a slight aside an ex girlfriend referred to psychology as the "small penis" discipline, because it is always trying so hard to assert that it is indeed a science.

lol

10char10char10char10char10char....................

yeah, it's silly, i have a psych degree and i'm the first to admit it's a science and an art... you can use experiments to make generalizations according to operational definitions an such but in the end its a fusion, just like theoretical physics, a little bit of science, and a little bit of art, we don't have all the answers

Archived