Premed 101 Forums

chit chat after interview?

Hey guys. This year I found that I finished early in a couple of my MMIs. In some other forums (like Queens) ppl have mentioned how after they finished talking about the prompt they just chit chat with the interviewer. At the ubc interview, I thought it was quite clear (from the intro session) that they didn't want us talking with the interviewers beyond the topics addressed in the prompt. So I didn't try at all to engage them beyond this.

Did anyone have any conversations with the interviewers beyond the prompts at ubc? I just sat their kinda awkwardly..

Hey guys. This year I found that I finished early in a couple of my MMIs. In some other forums (like Queens) ppl have mentioned how after they finished talking about the prompt they just chit chat with the interviewer. At the ubc interview, I thought it was quite clear (from the intro session) that they didn't want us talking with the interviewers beyond the topics addressed in the prompt. So I didn't try at all to engage them beyond this.

Did anyone have any conversations with the interviewers beyond the prompts at ubc? I just sat their kinda awkwardly..

I definitely did with a couple. One of the pbl rooms had diagrams and notes on the boards and we talked about that (and how badly I wanted to be learning that stuff next year), with one we just talked about how interesting the prompt was. Each convo was only like 30-45 sec but I feel I left both of these rooms on a very positive note with both the interviewers. They were very friendly and lighthearted conversations. Whether my scores will be affected by that I have no idea.

i sat there in silence as instructed. 30 seconds for most stations that I finished early. not unbearable.

Archived