Premed 101 Forums

URGENT: one year requirement

I'm thinking of applying to the States but I heard they generally require you to have taken a year course in the States in order to apply. Does anyone know which school does NOT require this? I'm sure many Canadians have gone to med schools in the states, so there's gotta be some schools that don't require this. And also, if we submit our MCAT score after we apply, do we not get any interview invitations until we submit our MCAT score?

Thanks a lot! any help is greatly appreciated!!

For example, this is what i found on the U of Penn admission website:

To provide the School of Medicine with a basis for evaluating and comparing applicants' performance and to increase the student's likelihood of success in medical school, those who receive degrees from foreign institutions are required to have completed one year of course work in the sciences at a college or university in the United States before an application for admission to the first year of medical school will be considered

Most, if not all US schools will accept canadian education as euivalent as the US. Look at the accepted thread, the schools ppl have gotten accepted into all take canadian university education as equivalents. There are several people i know from U of T that got into Penn, btw, so i dont think thats an issue

I'm thinking of applying to the States but I heard they generally require you to have taken a year course in the States in order to apply. Does anyone know which school does NOT require this? I'm sure many Canadians have gone to med schools in the states, so there's gotta be some schools that don't require this. And also, if we submit our MCAT score after we apply, do we not get any interview invitations until we submit our MCAT score?

Thanks a lot! any help is greatly appreciated!!

For example, this is what i found on the U of Penn admission website:

To provide the School of Medicine with a basis for evaluating and comparing applicants' performance and to increase the student's likelihood of success in medical school, those who receive degrees from foreign institutions are required to have completed one year of course work in the sciences at a college or university in the United States before an application for admission to the first year of medical school will be considered

Archived