Premed 101 Forums

What is my GPA on a 4.0 scale?

I reaaaaallllly need some help here. Without my course marks for this semester (which are expected to be really nice :) ) I currently have a 3.65/4.33 GPA after doing UofTs weighting formula. I understand that there is an OMSAS conversion chart, but i am lost when trying to figure out what my GPA is on a 4.0 scale. I know it is somewhere between 3.30 and 3.70 but that's a large gap. Halp.... Anyone.... And, PS, I don't need anyone telling me I should forget trying to apply somewhere like U of T. I have a positive attitude that will rock your socks, and as long as I meet the minimum at U of T I'm applying. This is not meant to be a "what are my chances" thread.

PPS. Whoever helps me gets an imaginary bag of cookies. To eat, telepathically, all day long.

Do you have the OMSAS chart?

If you do, then you need to find your current institution at the bottom to know which column you're going to use in the chart above.

Then you look at the column with the number corresponding to your institution, and find the mark you got for each of your course.

Finally, to know the corresponding OMSAS grade, you stay in the same row, but look in the OMSAS column. That's your grade on a 4.0 scale for that course.

If you don't have the OMSAS chart, then that's probably why you're lost. ;)

Do you have the OMSAS chart?

If you do, then you need to find your current institution at the bottom to know which column you're going to use in the chart above.

Then you look at the column with the number corresponding to your institution, and find the mark you got for each of your course.

Finally, to know the corresponding OMSAS grade, you stay in the same row, but look in the OMSAS column. That's your grade on a 4.0 scale for that course.

If you don't have the OMSAS chart, then that's probably why you're lost. ;)

Thanks. I do have it in front of me. http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/c_omsas_b.pdf I belong to group 7. But all I know is I'm somewhere between 3.30 and 3.70 according to OMSAS.

Alright. So you have to take each of your course one by one. Find the grade you got in column 7, then look across at the OMSAS Value column to see what your grade corresponds to. For example, if you got an A, that would be a 3.9 on OMSAS scale.

Do that for each of your course, then add them up, and divide by the number of courses. That's your OMSAS GPA.

Now, I just realised that I was lucky, since all the courses I took were regular courses (3 credits), so the calculation was easy. Maybe that's not your case?

Alright. So you have to take each of your course one by one. Find the grade you got in column 7, then look across at the OMSAS Value column to see what your grade corresponds to. For example, if you got an A, that would be a 3.9 on OMSAS scale.

Do that for each of your course, then add them up, and divide by the number of courses. That's your OMSAS GPA.

Now, I just realised that I was lucky, since all the courses I took were regular courses (3 credits), so the calculation was easy. Maybe that's not your case?

You are amazing!!!! And you get a bag of imaginary cookies! What kind would would you like? I'm a great baker.

Archived