Premed 101 Forums

NBA Playoffs Thread!!!

takashi

*tsk tsk*

You, my friend, have just underestimated the heart of a champion. As I predicted before the playoffs started, the Lake show takes out the Thunder in a tough Western finals :).

Haha, maybe I did but of course we are getting ahead of ourselves. Both Lakers and OKC needs to close out their 1st round opponents and will need to face a tough 2nd round team. I cant wait for the 2nd round match up between Boston and Miami. That is going to be epic!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, maybe I did but of course we are getting ahead of ourselves. Both Lakers and OKC needs to close out their 1st round opponents and will need to face a tough 2nd round team. I cant wait for the 2nd round match up between Boston and Miami. That is going to be epic!

Hahaha true say. Of course I'm super stoked about Beantown and Miami but maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves here too. Those pesky 76ers may have something to say about that amiright? ;)

Wow Memphis...

Pretty big upset...but still not the biggest upset of a #1 seed by a #8 seed in my mind. I remember the 2007 series GSW vs Dallas...GSW just had their number all season and took it to them. Faced Utah in the conference finals and this happened:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

2nd round predictions!

Miami over Boston 4-3

Chicago over Atlanta 4-2

Lakers over Mavericks 4-2

OKC over Memphis 4-3

Most exciting 2nd round match up is obviously the Heat and Celtics series. Because of home court advantage, I am going with the Heat. I do believe Memphis took the season series against OKC but Durant has been playoff MVP imo and will take down Memphis.

• 2 weeks later...

After the Lakers' elimination, I don't really care who wins...actually, that's not true. Say "NO!" to the Heat! :)

But I gotta say, the Heat are looking like the favourites at this time... too bad people don't know the power that Chicago harnesses in DROSE... and Noah will just tear down every single offensive board in sight.

Chicago in 6.

Besides, even if they make it to the Finals, the Mavs will meet them there. The Mavs are the deepest team in the league and where they are 10 deep, Miami is only ~4-5 deep. That will be a huge factor. Besides, who on the Heat can stop Dirk?

After the Lakers' elimination, I don't really care who wins...actually, that's not true. Say "NO!" to the Heat! :)

But I gotta say, the Heat are looking like the favourites at this time... too bad people don't know the power that Chicago harnesses in DROSE... and Noah will just tear down every single offensive board in sight.

Chicago in 6.

Besides, even if they make it to the Finals, the Mavs will meet them there. The Mavs are the deepest team in the league and where they are 10 deep, Miami is only ~4-5 deep. That will be a huge factor. Besides, who on the Heat can stop Dirk?

I think the bigger question is who on the Mavs can stop Lebron AND Wade?

Jason Terry is an excellent defender, as is Shawn Marion. Comparatively, Chris Bosh will look like Andrea Bargnani against Dirk. The Mavs are also superior in terms of team defense.

Defensively I will agree and say that Dallas has the superior team defence mostly because of Tyson Chandler. Also, because Dallas lacks dynamic perimeter scorers, Wade's and Lebron's perimeter defence wont be as effective.

However, Terry, the 2nd option of Dallas will most likely get shut down by Wade. It comes down whether Dirk and his superior bench can overcome the offensive output of the Heat's big 3. I expect a tough series but of course we are getting ahead of ourselves. Both teams need to get to the finals which is no easy task especially for the Heat.

Bulls owned heat during the regular season but I still expect Heat to win despite not having home court advantage. Heat in 6.

Defensively I will agree and say that Dallas has the superior team defence mostly because of Tyson Chandler. Also, because Dallas lacks dynamic perimeter scorers, Wade's and Lebron's perimeter defence wont be as effective.

However, Terry, the 2nd option of Dallas will most likely get shut down by Wade. It comes down whether Dirk and his superior bench can overcome the offensive output of the Heat's big 3. I expect a tough series but of course we are getting ahead of ourselves. Both teams need to get to the finals which is no easy task especially for the Heat.

Bulls owned heat during the regular season but I still expect Heat to win despite not having home court advantage. Heat in 6.

Since when does Dallas LACK perimeter scorers? Terry will shut down wade as much as wade will shut down terry simply because Terry will make wade work on defense which will translate to a more fatigued offensive game (ie. more jumpers).

I agree, it would be a very good series if it happened. As for the Chicago-Heat matchup, if Boozer plays just as well as he did against the Hawks in game 6, the Bulls will win easily (in 5, I think)... if not, then it will be Miami in 6 or 7

Since when does Dallas LACK perimeter scorers? Terry will shut down wade as much as wade will shut down terry simply because Terry will make wade work on defense which will translate to a more fatigued offensive game (ie. more jumpers).

I agree, it would be a very good series if it happened. As for the Chicago-Heat matchup, if Boozer plays just as well as he did against the Hawks in game 6, the Bulls will win easily (in 5, I think)... if not, then it will be Miami in 6 or 7

I guess I should have clarified what I meant by a dynamic perimeter scorer which Dallas does lack. Jason Terry is primarily a jumpshooter who does not create his own shot at the level of other top SGs. I do give him credit for being a fairly good passer and a decent dribble but he doesnt use it enough to his advantage. A dynamic perimeter scorer should be able to score on the inside and out, putting pressure on the opposing team's defence.

Also, its very unlikely for Boozer to play as well as he did against Atlanta in game 6. He went 23/10/5 on 63% shooting for that game where he has averaged 11.8/9.5/2 on 45% shooting for the entire post season. In the 3 games that Bulls beat Heat, he has only averaged 13.3/9.7/2.3. That game was most likely an anomaly if you consider his past game averages (11 postseason games and 3 games against the heat). He will remain a force on the boards but I just dont think he will step up as the secondary scorer that Drose needs. Although, with the way Bulls plays defence and rebounds that may not be necessary.

I guess I should have clarified what I meant by a dynamic perimeter scorer which Dallas does lack. Jason Terry is primarily a jumpshooter who does not create his own shot at the level of other top SGs. I do give him credit for being a fairly good passer and a decent dribble but he doesnt use it enough to his advantage. A dynamic perimeter scorer should be able to score on the inside and out, putting pressure on the opposing team's defence.

Also, its very unlikely for Boozer to play as well as he did against Atlanta in game 6. He went 23/10/5 on 63% shooting for that game where he has averaged 11.8/9.5/2 on 45% shooting for the entire post season. In the 3 games that Bulls beat Heat, he has only averaged 13.3/9.7/2.3. That game was most likely an anomaly if you consider his past game averages (11 postseason games and 3 games against the heat). He will remain a force on the boards but I just dont think he will step up as the secondary scorer that Drose needs. Although, with the way Bulls plays defence and rebounds that may not be necessary.

Ahh, in that case, I suppose I agree. Caron Butler previously played that role for Dallas but he's sidelined.

Boozer has been rather inconsistent these playoffs (and season, for that matter). I was just hoping that this last game was the boost he needed to get going. Luol Deng, who is currently their second option on offense will likely be shut down by Lebron, so Boozer will have to step it up. Miami should be fearful of Chicago's ability to pull down those rebounds (especially on the offensive end). If they can't stop that, they can't win.

Caron Butler is definitely sorely missed. Too bad he is injured, I think he would have made a huge difference in the next series and possibly the finals if Dallas makes it. I would not be against Dallas winning the title since Dirk is one of my favourite players and I do sincerely hopes he wins one before he retires. Hes one of the few players who stuck through thick and thin with one franchise and I admire that.

I cant wait for today's games, go OKC!

Caron Butler is definitely sorely missed. Too bad he is injured, I think he would have made a huge difference in the next series and possibly the finals if Dallas makes it. I would not be against Dallas winning the title since Dirk is one of my favourite players and I do sincerely hopes he wins one before he retires. Hes one of the few players who stuck through thick and thin with one franchise and I admire that.

I cant wait for today's games, go OKC!

MEMPHIS!!!!!

lol, are you part of the group that loves the underdog? Unfortunately I love the young core OKC has put together and I hope they succeed.

Yeah, I was rooting for OKC LAL WCF at the beginning, but how could you not root for memph after their run.

Yeah, I was rooting for OKC LAL WCF at the beginning, but how could you not root for memph after their run.

I do like seeing small market teams succeed but I dont know why they didnt grow on me during their nice playoff run. I do hope they become perennial contenders but my heart is with OKC right now. I want them to win but I would not mind at all if Dallas goes to the finals. Either way I am pretty happy because Lakers lost lol.

I forgot to do my Conference Finals predictions:

Heat over Bulls in 6 (despite getting demolished in game 1)

Dallas over OKC in 7

Archived