Premed 101 Forums

Hyperlearning MCAT TPR Prep Books from 2006

sharpshooter

1) I got the following Hyperlearning MCAT Princeton Review Prep Books from 2006:

- Verbal workbook

- practice tests A-D

- science workbook

- in class compendium

- verbal reasoning & writing review

- biological sciences review

- physical sciences review

Would I be better off purchasing the newest edition/year of the prep books? I read something about speed bubbling in the books, but the MCAT is now computer based...

2) Should I purchase any other books? (I guess I need o-chem review and gen chem review books). My only backgound in o-chem is gr. 12.

Thank you very much!

1) I got the following Hyperlearning MCAT Princeton Review Prep Books from 2006:

- Verbal workbook

- practice tests A-D

- science workbook

- in class compendium

- verbal reasoning & writing review

- biological sciences review

- physical sciences review

Would I be better off purchasing the newest edition/year of the prep books? I read something about speed bubbling in the books, but the MCAT is now computer based...

2) Should I purchase any other books? (I guess I need o-chem review and gen chem review books). My only backgound in o-chem is gr. 12.

1) I think you should be fine with the books you have for review.. Princeton usually does a thorough job.

2) Get the following books for verbal:

Examkrackers MCAt Verbal Reasoning

Examkrackers 101 Passages in MCAt Verbal Reasoning

No other book compares to examkrackers for verbal.

You may also want to purchase some new practice tests for science sections, as the relative focus/content has probably changed since 2006.

For science sections, Kaplan practice tests are one of the more difficult ones and will prepare you well for the actual thing.

Archived