Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

Lol thanks for calming me down. This process can be a bit taxing on the nerves!!

Yeah for sure - I'm on the regular list, and I'm aware that there's a pretty good chance I'll never get a call at all, but even still, once I read on here that someone from the regular list has got a call, I'm going to get VERY jumpy. Still pretty calm right now, since I know they have to get through the high priority list first. Crossing my fingers for you - I hope you get the call soon!!!

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah for sure - I'm on the regular list, and I'm aware that there's a pretty good chance I'll never get a call at all, but even still, once I read on here that someone from the regular list has got a call, I'm going to get VERY jumpy. Still pretty calm right now, since I know they have to get through the high priority list first. Crossing my fingers for you - I hope you get the call soon!!!

Thanks a lot. Will post here when I do lol. Gotta distract my mind somehow now with a movie or show haha.

Thanks so much for the congrats everyone!!

I was indeed on the high list. It still hasn't really sunk in! I hope everyone here gets the call soon. I was practically shaking when I picked up my phone, haha. I just have to finish off my thesis now, yippee!

Best of luck to all of you, you really helped pull me through the waiting process!

Thanks so much for the congrats everyone!!

I was indeed on the high list. It still hasn't really sunk in! I hope everyone here gets the call soon. I was practically shaking when I picked up my phone, haha. I just have to finish off my thesis now, yippee!

Best of luck to all of you, you really helped pull me through the waiting process!

Hey Violet, first of all, CONGRATS on getting in :D

I'm also on the high-priority waitlist.. I really hope I get called today, too. By the way, did they mention by when you have to accept this offer? Did you have to give them your yes/no right away??

I'm also on the high-priority waitlist.. I really hope I get called today, too. By the way, did they mention by when you have to accept this offer? Did you have to give them your yes/no right away??

Thanks, tldus!

They didn't say when I have to accept and I wasn't asked to make a decision on the spot. I remember JediMaster posted a few pages back the call he got last year and it was pretty identical. They did mention I'll be getting the official acceptance email tomorrow. I'm guessing it will contain all the details.

Hope that helps!

I'm also waiting for the call. Hopefully we get called soon.

I'm also waiting for the call. Hopefully we get called soon.

I hope so!!!!! I wonder how many they'd be calling today. They mentioned in their blog that they'd most likely give out offers once a week :( I hope we get called today.. Otherwise, it will be another dismal week for me :(

I hope so!!!!! I wonder how many they'd be calling today. They mentioned in their blog that they'd most likely give out offers once a week :( I hope we get called today.. Otherwise, it will be another dismal week for me :(

Well, the Facebook group had 98 members, and taking into account that not everyone will have joined that group, the WL will probably move 50-60 people. I suppose they could call that many people in one day... but how do we know that they won't leave some for tomorrow?

Since Violet doesn't have Facebook, should I add another person to the "Facebook" count? It would no longer truly reflect the Facebook numbers, but it would give us a better idea about how many spots have been filled.

Since Violet doesn't have Facebook, should I add another person to the "Facebook" count? It would no longer truly reflect the Facebook numbers, but it would give us a better idea about how many spots have been filled.

hmm, I don't know. I think it might be reaching, lol. I would say leave it out and just stick with the actual facebook number because we have already accounted 15-20 spaces for people not on facebook.:)

hmm, I don't know. I think that we might be trying too hard here, haha. I would say leave it out and just stick with the actual facebook number because we already accounted for 15-20 spaces for people not on facebook.:)

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, about how we are already accounting for people who don't have Facebook. Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the matter

im surprised no one else from the highwait list has posted anything yet... is that a bad sign???

I won't lie, I'm also a little surprised that more high waitlisters didn't hear anything today...but perhaps they will do massive movement tomorrow. Probably still waiting around for OMSAS to give in the final numbers on everyone before they take any major dives into the waitlist. Let's hope!

im surprised no one else from the highwait list has posted anything yet... is that a bad sign???

Well I think it might be possible that a lot more people are on the high wait-list then we might have realized. According to the blog posting, they said offers would be out once a week. I estimate that they call about 20 people once a week to give out offers. Since I am on the high wait-list and didn't hear anything yet, I think that the high wait-list may contain 40 or more people. If this is true, I am not sure how many more spots will be available after they get through it. This is all just speculation right now based on what I think may be occurring. It is going to be a tough week of waiting before they start sending out offers again. Does anybody else have any thoughts?

Well I think it might be possible that a lot more people are on the high wait-list then we might have realized. According to the blog posting, they said offers would be out once a week. I estimate that they call about 20 people once a week to give out offers. Since I am on the high wait-list and didn't hear anything yet, I think that the high wait-list may contain 40 or more people. If this is true, I am not sure how many more spots will be available after they get through it. This is all just speculation right now based on what I think may be occurring. It is going to be a tough week of waiting before they start sending out offers again. Does anybody else have any thoughts?

I would agree with JM that they are just taking their time getting started. In the blog post they did say that offers would go out this week, so there is still plenty of time. Maybe it just takes time to get in contact with everyone. Don't worry, you're in a good position!

EDIT! and let's not forget that they could be waiting for waitlisters to reply by email! We were suppose to let them know by tomorrow - that deadline hasn't even passed yet!

Archived