Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

my preference was for London campus and I will be going with my preference. This means 1 new spot is opening up. I hope it goes to someone on this forum.
Wow! Congrats! Someone is in for a big surprise.
I never thought I would get to post this, but I got a call at 1:45 pm today with an offer to a Windsor spot. I'm still in shock and I don't really believe it yet!!!

Haha, man, this forum is pretty cool sometimes.

Congrats to you both.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never thought I would get to post this, but I got a call at 1:45 pm today with an offer to a Windsor spot. I'm still in shock and I don't really believe it yet!!!

I'm really happy you were the one who got the call!! My hope was that the spot would go to someone from this forum. It just goes to show you that you can never lose hope. It really is crazy how things can happen sometimes. Haha we will probably be carrying this story around with us for awhile :).

Congratulations! I don't even know you, but I can honestly say I'm extremely happy for you. You got teased by the admissions office for a pretty long time, all worth the wait though!

:o that's awesome! CONGRATS! Just when we all thought the class was full and all hope was gone!

Oh my god! That is fantastic news! I guess you don't need to complete your 2012 OMSAS profile now eh? Congratulations!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

So did anything come up regarding the waitlist?

I still haven't received any e-mail or call from the admissions office regarding the waitlist :s

I know chances are slim but this waiting is killing me

anyone heard any news? :S

Hi everyone,

So did anything come up regarding the waitlist?

I still haven't received any e-mail or call from the admissions office regarding the waitlist :s

I know chances are slim but this waiting is killing me

anyone heard any news? :S

The email was just send out today. Class is full.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm... still haven't received the email. Could someone post it?

It didn't say too much.. Could it be in your junk mail? I think in years past, junk mail seemed to screen such disappointing emails.

Subject: Schulich Medicine Class Full

This email is to inform you that the class of Meds 2015 has now been filled. We do not anticipate making any additional offers for this cycle.

Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Medicine Program, at Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario. On behalf of the Medicine Admissions Committee we extend to you sincere good wishes for success in your future endeavours.

Medicine Admissions & Student Affairs

Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

Archived