Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

My offer from Western (Windsor campus) had a response deadline of today and although I declined on OMSAS last week, I only got around to sending Pam a personal email letting them know today.

That might mean there is still at least one more spot out there! Stay positive!

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My offer from Western (Windsor campus) had a response deadline of today and although I declined on OMSAS last week, I only got around to sending Pam a personal email letting them know today.

That might mean there is still at least one more spot out there! Stay positive!

Thanks for the update. I wish you all the best at Queens!

no kidding... I'm at the point where I would rather them just tell me: "You will most likely not get in this year", than have them continue to lead me on with false hope.

Agreed. Its already been almost two weeks since the waitlist moved. Is Pam focusing on some other things? :s

I'm pretty sure that bumping up to your 1st campus preference (ie London) only occurs for those offered acceptances initially. When you're offered a seat off of the waitlist, you stay at the school you've been offered.

Last year a few of my classmates who were on the normal waitlist were offered seats at Windsor in early June and a few weeks later were asked if they wanted to be switched to London because other spots had opened up. It is possible to switch to your preference even off the waitlist it just isn't very common.

Last year a few of my classmates who were on the normal waitlist were offered seats at Windsor in early June and a few weeks later were asked if they wanted to be switched to London because other spots had opened up. It is possible to switch to your preference even off the waitlist it just isn't very common.

This is true, and it happened two years ago as well.

Haven't done a Facebook group update in a while, since there has been only very minimal movement. But the latest #s are:

140 2015s total in the main group, with 27 of those people in the Windsor group. So either 11 people haven't joined the group, which is entirely plausible, or they joined the main group only and not the Windsor group, or there's a smaller number of people who haven't joined the group and there are still a few spots floating around.

Just got an e-mail giving me the option to switch to the London campus. It was a hard decision but I decided I'm going to return to London as I got my degree and have many friends from there. Good luck to all of you on the waitlist.

So, this means that at least 1 more spot should open up @ the Windsor campus!! Glad to hear things are moving again!

Also, I checked back and it looks like there were 2 PM101 people who were offered Windsor, with preference London, before lvillema was offered his/her waitlist spot, so that should mean that those other 2 people would also be asked if they want to switch to London, meaning potentially 3 more Windsor spots total.

Hello everyone, the waitlist is definitely moving. I got the call at 1PM and accepted to Windsor campus.

Thanks for the support through this process and I hope for more good news!

!!!!! Congrats!!!

Good luck, everybody!

So, this means that at least 1 more spot should open up @ the Windsor campus!! Glad to hear things are moving again!

Also, I checked back and it looks like there were 2 PM101 people who were offered Windsor, with preference London, before lvillema was offered his/her waitlist spot, so that should mean that those other 2 people would also be asked if they want to switch to London, meaning potentially 3 more Windsor spots total.

What time did they get called? I am wondering if I might get offered London as well lol.

What time did they get called? I am wondering if I might get offered London as well lol.

I'm surprised you didn't get offered London, as you are one of the 2 people who supposedly got the call before lvillema. I went back through the waitlist thread and lvillema said he/she got the call "at 10:35 am" on June 2. Then, you posted at 10:51 am that you got the call, but in a later post you said you got the call at "about 10:20 am", so I assumed you got called before lvillema. Then, the user "tldus" posted and said he/she got the call "at exactly 10:25 am" on June 2nd, which would be before lvillema got called.

Of course, it's also possible that they didn't call you guys in the exact order that you were on the waiting list, I guess... those 3 times are all really close together. Or maybe they couldn't get a hold of lvillema right away, so he/she was ranked before you and tldus on the list, but was called after you. I don't see why they wouldn't call you in your order of rank on the waiting list, and then offer you your campus preference in that same order. So, that is why I am confused as to why you didn't get an e-mail asking you if you want to go to London lol. In any case, if you didn't, my guess would be that you're probably very close to, if not at, next in line, if any more London spots open up. If tldus is reading this, please let us know if they offered you London!

I'm surprised you didn't get offered London, as you are one of the 2 people who supposedly got the call before lvillema. I went back through the waitlist thread and lvillema said he/she got the call "at 10:35 am" on June 2. Then, you posted at 10:51 am that you got the call, but in a later post you said you got the call at "about 10:20 am", so I assumed you got called before lvillema. Then, the user "tldus" posted and said he/she got the call "at exactly 10:25 am" on June 2nd, which would be before lvillema got called.

Of course, it's also possible that they didn't call you guys in the exact order that you were on the waiting list, I guess... those 3 times are all really close together. Or maybe they couldn't get a hold of lvillema right away, so he/she was ranked before you and tldus on the list, but was called after you. I don't see why they wouldn't call you in your order of rank on the waiting list, and then offer you your campus preference in that same order. So, that is why I am confused as to why you didn't get an e-mail asking you if you want to go to London lol. In any case, if you didn't, my guess would be that you're probably very close to, if not at, next in line, if any more London spots open up. If tldus is reading this, please let us know if they offered you London!

Its possible I might have been a little bit off with the exact timing but I'm sure we can all agree that I am very close in any case. I'm also not sure about the order either. Anyways, I will for sure let you guys know what happens. I was actually about to sign a lease yesterday and saw this posting today. I think I might hold off on it because if I did get London, I could save a significant amount of money by staying at home. In any case, I hope even more that I get my preference because that will mean more spots for you guys and that another pm101er will hopefully get offered a spot. So lets just wait and see what happens I guess.

Just got an e-mail giving me the option to switch to the London campus. It was a hard decision but I decided I'm going to return to London as I got my degree and have many friends from there. Good luck to all of you on the waitlist.

Wow congratulations. Good to know switches are still happening

Hello everyone, the waitlist is definitely moving. I got the call at 1PM and accepted to Windsor campus.

Thanks for the support through this process and I hope for more good news!

omg omg... i just saw your stats that you posted in the other thread and im stressing so hard.

You: GPA-3.72 and MCAT- 31 Q

Me: GPA-3.76 and MCAT - 30 Q

bare in mind you VERY LIKELY had a better interview than me... nonetheless im happy im in the ballpark.

Anyways congrats!!!

Archived