Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

omg omg... i just saw your stats that you posted in the other thread and im stressing so hard.

You: GPA-3.72 and MCAT- 31 Q

Me: GPA-3.76 and MCAT - 30 Q

bare in mind you VERY LIKELY had a better interview than me... nonetheless im happy im in the ballpark.

Anyways congrats!!!

That's a bit silly to compare like that!

Me: GPA- 3.92 and MCAT 33Q - and no offer yet

The numbers seriously mean SO little.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I agree. I've been keeping track of the numerical stats of both people who were accepted on May 5th and people accepted off the waiting list, and there doesn't appear to be any kind of pattern, even in the order that people were accepted off the waiting list. It seems as though the interview really makes or breaks you.

I agree with you. My stats are lower than yours: GPA ~ 3.81 and MCAT 31Q but I was accepted on June 2nd off of the high waitlist. The interview really does make a huge difference.

Yea that is very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if my ranking was significantly increased due to my interview, it honestly went amazingly well (the med student who showed me to my room listened and said I'm in for sure). I should note that I did do a 5th year with my GPA being 3.92. I submitted it back in May, so I'm not sure if perhaps they adjusted my ranking after receiving my higher GPA, which would bump me up to a ~3.82 (best 2 year). It would be interesting if someone found out how they calculate the ranking. I guess it will remain a mystery for Schulich medicine.

Yea that is very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if my ranking was significantly increased due to my interview, it honestly went amazingly well (the med student who showed me to my room listened and said I'm in for sure). I should note that I did do a 5th year with my GPA being 3.92. I submitted it back in May, so I'm not sure if perhaps they adjusted my ranking after receiving my higher GPA, which would bump me up to a ~3.82 (best 2 year). It would be interesting if someone found out how they calculate the ranking. I guess it will remain a mystery for Schulich medicine.

Using your current year would not be consistent with the policy Schulich has, so you must have gotten in on the merits of your prior work/interview :)

Has anyone heard of anymore waitlist movement in the last week? Either admission to the Windsor campus or people moving to the London campus from Windsor?

Last Monday, there was a report on here of 1 person who was previously offered Windsor off the waitlist being offered London, and 1 person who was offered Windsor off the waitlist.

Facebook group update: 146 in the main group, with 27 of them in the Windsor group.

Also, according to posts on here, UWO and Ottawa are the only schools that have not yet stated that their medicine class is full.

Edit: I will keep posting these numbers if people want me to but at this point they don't mean much. The class is likely either full or very very close to full.

Facebook group update: 146 in the main group, with 27 of them in the Windsor group.

Also, according to posts on here, UWO and Ottawa are the only schools that have not yet stated that their medicine class is full.

Edit: I will keep posting these numbers if people want me to but at this point they don't mean much. The class is likely either full or very very close to full.

I appreciate the effort that you've put in this application cycle and the support that you, Punknsmasher and others have provided. I've all but given up hope at this point, and it really does seem that the class is essentially full and they're just waiting to confirm the plans of the last few applicants before they send out the email. I hope that if the next few weeks don't bring you good news, that you guys have better luck next year.

I appreciate the effort that you've put in this application cycle and the support that you, Punknsmasher and others have provided. I've all but given up hope at this point, and it really does seem that the class is essentially full and they're just waiting to confirm the plans of the last few applicants before they send out the email. I hope that if the next few weeks don't bring you good news, that you guys have better luck next year.

Same to you :)

Right back at you! I hope we all, amazingly, get in this year. But if not, I look forward to seeing you all next year when we all get accepted ;) .

I know this may be a tough time for some of you who have not been accepted this year (it is certainly a tough time for me). But I want all of you to know that there are others just like you going through the exact same thing. You are not alone. Try, try, try again. Don't take no for an answer!

The absolute worst thing you could do right now is giveup.

And with that.... I bid you all adue! *rides off into the sunset on a white stallion*

• 2 weeks later...
bumpppppp no news so far :S

My guess is that the class is full and now they're just waiting to see if anyone has to withdraw from the class before they announce that the class is full. According to last year's waitlist thread, they announced that the class was full on the Admissions website in early August. I will keep checking there.

I just opened an OMSAS 2012 account... yayyyyyy :rolleyes:

My guess is that the class is full and now they're just waiting to see if anyone has to withdraw from the class before they announce that the class is full. According to last year's waitlist thread, they announced that the class was full on the Admissions website in early August. I will keep checking there.

I just opened an OMSAS 2012 account... yayyyyyy :rolleyes:

Don't jump to conclusions so fast guys!! I just got an e-mail in my inbox that said the following:

We now have an opening at the London campus of Schulich Medicine which we can offer to you. Please reply to this email as soon as possible to let us know if you would like to change from the Windsor campus to the London campus.

MaryAnn Kennard

Medicine Admissions Coordinator

Admissions MedicineSchulich School of Medicine & DentistryThe University of Western Ontario

As I mentioned earlier, my preference was for London campus and I will be going with my preference. This means 1 new spot is opening up. I hope it goes to someone on this forum.

Don't jump to conclusions so fast guys!! I just got an e-mail in my inbox that said the following:

We now have an opening at the London campus of Schulich Medicine which we can offer to you. Please reply to this email as soon as possible to let us know if you would like to change from the Windsor campus to the London campus.

MaryAnn Kennard

Medicine Admissions Coordinator

Admissions MedicineSchulich School of Medicine & DentistryThe University of Western Ontario

As I mentioned earlier, my preference was for London campus and I will be going with my preference. This means 1 new spot is opening up. I hope it goes to someone on this forum.

Congrats on getting London! And yes, lets hope someone from the forum is rewarded with your spot.

Congrats on getting London! And yes, lets hope someone from the forum is rewarded with your spot.

I hope so as well. The admissions coordinator isn't there today. So my guess is when they confirm this tomorrow, somebody will receive a call. They will probably be just as shocked as I was when I got the invitation lol.

I hope so as well. The admissions coordinator isn't there today. So my guess is when they confirm this tomorrow, somebody will receive a call. They will probably be just as shocked as I was when I got the invitation lol.

Wow! Congrats! Someone is in for a big surprise.

I never thought I would get to post this, but I got a call at 1:45 pm today with an offer to a Windsor spot. I'm still in shock and I don't really believe it yet!!!

Omg Buddy, I am SOOOOO Happy for you! Looks like we're gonna get to meet eachother in person after all :)

All that counting members on the FB groups and now you get to officially become one of them!!

Archived