Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys I am wondering what the link is for UWO 2015 windsor group. I can't seem to find it.

Thanks !

Congrats!

Windsor 2015s:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_198014003560371

Associate of the Royal Conservatory of Music

Also recently they rolled out the LRCM (Licentiate), so probably gonna work towards that during med hopefully.

Nice!

wait! If there are 47 people in the Windsor group and there is 120 in the UWO group... and we assume there is 10 overlap as a result. That means there are only....a dozen spots left!?

:(

There are 47 in the Windsor group, but only 15 of them are 2015s. The rest are 2014s.

Current Facebook group numbers: 122 total, and 15 in the Windsor group. So that would mean that of the 171 spots, 107 of the London spots are filled (that's counting people who joined the Facebook group; there will be more who didn't) and 15 of the Windsor spots are filled (counting the people who joined the Facebook group).

Yeah, just to add to the "on facebook part", there are some people in the 2014 class who still don't use facebook so there are definitely going to be a few who either haven't registered in the group, or don't have an account.

The final list probably won't come in until the middle of July though, so there are still spots available....even then there can always be the odd issue where a spot opens up in August.

I'm flattered ;)

I'm sure it'll happen for you, ws11, lkhlttr and any one else I've forgotten from this thread.

Thanks isix! Good luck in Kingston.

We're definitely going to see some more movement next week. I hope the few remaining spots go to us regular waitlisters from pm101. Good luck everybody.

Without these forums i would go crazy! LOL.... Its good to know there are other people out there who feel the same way I do. Let's all just think happy thoughts for the time being. Don't let any of this ruin your weekend. Like lkthlttr mentioned, there SHOULD be some movement this upcoming week. Patience is a virtue my friends. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Hmmm do you think anyone accepted on the high wait-list will reject? If so your chances will further increase. Hoping the best for you guys this upcoming week. Keep us all updated!!

For sure. Every year during the waitlist period, there is a little game of musical chairs that happens between the different med schools. Someone who was accepted to Queens gets taken off the waitlist at UBC so he drops the Queens acceptance. Queens then offers it's spot to a girl who was accepted to Calgary and then she drops her spot, which gets offered to someone from the waitlist at Western. There isn't going to be a ton of movement from here on out, I don't imagine, but there will be some. I think the main difference compared to last year is that they seemed to try to get the initial waitlist offers done in a span of a couple days instead of around a week and a half. So I don't know how much that will affect the amount of residual movement. All the other schools seemed to move up their timelines as well. We'll see I suppose.

Without these forums i would go crazy! LOL.... Its good to know there are other people out there who feel the same way I do. Let's all just think happy thoughts for the time being. Don't let any of this ruin your weekend. Like lkthlttr mentioned, there SHOULD be some movement this upcoming week. Patience is a virtue my friends. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Totally agree. Could you imagine going through this process before the internet was popular? With no PM101 to facilitate communication among waitlisters, this would be much worse... would have NO idea what was going on. Also, could you imagine going through this before e-mail, when acceptances were sent by snail mail??

Totally agree. Could you imagine going through this process before the internet was popular? With no PM101 to facilitate communication among waitlisters, this would be much worse... would have NO idea what was going on. Also, could you imagine going through this before e-mail, when acceptances were sent by snail mail??

Lol OR could you imagine the times where they just posted these things up on a wall with people's names so everyone could see it who got in. I think most of us would have been pretty nervous to check!!

Lol OR could you imagine the times where they just posted these things up on a wall with people's names so everyone could see it who got in. I think most of us would have been pretty nervous to check!!

Haha, I don't even want to think about having to do that!

Just wanted to update everyone - people who did not get their emails yet (technical difficulties, etc.)

I just got my email about 10 minutes ago...

I put in my acceptance in OMSAS...does anyone know if I get a confirmation email?!

I am SO paranoid right now...

You get 1 OMSAS confirmation email for receiving your SAM request.

You get another 1 from OMSAS when it is processed and they ask you to go log back on to make sure they don't have questions or concerns.

You get an email from Western a while later to say they have acknowledged your acceptance.

PS. Congratulations!

You get 1 OMSAS confirmation email for receiving your SAM request.

You get another 1 from OMSAS when it is processed and they ask you to go log back on to make sure they don't have questions or concerns.

You get an email from Western a while later to say they have acknowledged your acceptance.

PS. Congratulations!

Hi, do you know how long it takes for OMSAS to process the acceptance? I have requested through SAM on Thursday but still no confirmation..

Hi, do you know how long it takes for OMSAS to process the acceptance? I have requested through SAM on Thursday but still no confirmation..

I got mine next day, but I wouldn't worry yet. Chances are you'll get it today.

Does anyone know how long OMSAS takes to respond to offers of admission after you accept them? I accepted my admission to Western on Friday and am waiting to hear back... They have to respond by this Friday in order for me to be accepted so does anyone think I should call in if I don't get an e-mail confirming my SAS message was processed by the office soon. I already got an e-mail saying that the message was received. Any ideas for how long it should take?

Archived