Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

Just wanna say that I got accepted last thursday but my email offer didn't come until Monday so I technically have until Monday to respond. I know there were a few others in my boat so response dates are Today, Tomorrow and Monday for those accepted late last week - keep your chin up folks!

Haven't heard from you in a while! Thanks for the info!

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone,

I have officially accepted my offer from Queen's and have declined my offer from Western (Windsor campus).

Hopefully one of you hears some good news soon!

Thank you for letting all of us waitlisters know. Congratulations on Queen's, I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

Facebook group update:

136 people total, with 24 of them in the Windsor group. So there are 14 "Facebook" spots left, and that number is actually smaller, since there are inevitably some people who have been accepted to the Windsor campus but haven't joined the Windsor Facebook group. Looks like it's getting quite close to being full.

When does most of the movement typically happen? Is there typically a good deal of movement in June?

well last year it took them a week to get through the high waitlist. This year it seems they have sent out all intial waitlist offers by the first week of june. It seems that all that is left are a few spots from people who rejected an offer off the waitlist.

well last year it took them a week to get through the high waitlist. This year it seems they have sent out all intial waitlist offers by the first week of june. It seems that all that is left are a few spots from people who rejected an offer off the waitlist.

Yeah.. I agree, and the chance of people rejecting the offer off the waitlist is low. :s

Also keep in mind the number of Windsor spots isn't necessarily an indication of the number of spots available. Some people offered London will turn down their offers.

That's possible but probably less likely now that the high wait-list deadline has passed already. Actually, if some did I am sure we will hear about some movement on Monday.

That's possible but probably less likely now that the high wait-list deadline has passed already. Actually, if some did I am sure we will hear about some movement on Monday.

Yes I meant that some people offered London a week ago (not in the Windsor facebook group) have turned down their offers, so there are more spots available than based solely on the Windsor facebook group. Facebook probably isn't the greatest indicator anyway...:P

Yes I meant that some people offered London a week ago (not in the Windsor facebook group) have turned down their offers, so there are more spots available than based solely on the Windsor facebook group. Facebook probably isn't the greatest indicator anyway...:P

No it's not perfect, but it's all we have! And it's true though that no one can give up hope until the "class is full" e-mail is sent. That won't be a fun e-mail to receive for those who are still on the waiting list lol

I look forward to meeting you all as well. JediMaster is my hero!! :D

Likewise buddy :)

And waitlist movement is most likely not over yet, but even I can't deny that its getting close. Take it from a 2nd time applicant, APPLY AGAIN because you never know how things will work out - I saved myself a one-way trip to the Caribbean by sticking it out for another year. Never made a better decision in my life. Goodluck ya'll - Jedi

Archived