Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

I thought I'd get one of these started for this year. My email says "You should be advised that our policy does not permit us to release any information concerning the rank order or any other information regarding the Wait List" but I know in the past Western has had good/normal/bad waitlists. Anyone get different wording in their emails?

Edit: It's nearing waitlist movement time...if you get accepted off the waitlist it would be great if you could let us know which waitlist you were on, which campus you were accepted to, and which campus was your first choice!

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here...someone in another thread (omaha) mentioned something about being told that they were unlikely to receive a spot (which btw, if said explicitly, is v. brutal). Hoping omaha or anyone else with similar info clarifies

Here is the wording on mine

"I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. You have however, earned a high position on our Wait List. Any offer not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position have received offers of admission in the days to weeks after the initial day of offer as the incoming Schulich Class of Medicine began to take shape. Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer, nor will further information pertaining to the Wait List be released. "

So it looks like there's good, middle, and bad?

I got middle waitlist:

"I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. It was recommended, however, that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by individuals from the Wait List.

You should be advised that our policy does not permit us to release any information concerning the rank order or any other information regarding the Wait List."

Here is the wording on mine

"I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. You have however, earned a high position on our Wait List. Any offer not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position have received offers of admission in the days to weeks after the initial day of offer as the incoming Schulich Class of Medicine began to take shape. Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer, nor will further information pertaining to the Wait List be released. "

Aww, congrats! Hopefully you receive good news soon.

Now I'm back to praying and double-crossingy fingers that there is normal waitlist movement.

Two waitlists and no acceptances...

Its quite likely that you can be accepted from the middle waitlist - I was. It goes into the middle pretty much every year so keep faith. The real question now is whether or not Western is goin to wait for initial offers to expire before they move their waitlist, or start right away. If they are goin to wait, it means at minimum another 3 weeks wait for us before we hear anything back.

So is there a low-ranking waitlist that is worded different from the middle ranking waitlist?

I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. It was recommended, however, that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by individuals from the Wait List.

That's how mine was woded :S so I guess i'm a middle-ranking

So is there a low-ranking waitlist that is worded different from the middle ranking waitlist?

I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. It was recommended, however, that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by individuals from the Wait List.

That's how mine was woded :S so I guess i'm a middle-ranking

People from the middle were explicitly told that applicants in their position were not likely to receive a spot...one of the other two threads has someone who posted a bit of their actual email and it was a low priority WL

EDIT: My bad. I meant people from the LOW list were told that.

High says something along the lines of "people in your position have been offered spots in past years"...middle is relatively ambiguous, says nothing about chance and low says "not likely to receive an offer"

Check the other threads for precise wording

Its quite likely that you can be accepted from the middle waitlist - I was. It goes into the middle pretty much every year so keep faith. The real question now is whether or not Western is goin to wait for initial offers to expire before they move their waitlist, or start right away. If they are goin to wait, it means at minimum another 3 weeks wait for us before we hear anything back.

Thanks for the reply JediMaster, gives me a bit of hope!

Does anyone know if they move the waitlist right away?

Are people being rejected as well? A couple of folks on the Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected thread have posted that they were rejected. So are there Acceptance, High/Regular/Low Waitlist, and Rejected possibilities? Or are those people simply treating their regular/low waitlist as rejections?

I'm a regular waitlist and just trying to hang on to a small thread of hope here as Western is my only choice this year.

Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread and was unaware that there is a high/middle/low wait list possibility. My email from Schulich was worded:

"I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. It was recommended, however, that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by individuals from the Wait List."

From what others have stated in this thread, I am in the "middle" wait list because it didn't say I have a high chance of getting in nor does it say I'm unlikely to get an offer?

Thanks everyone!

How does it work at Western for London/Windsor campuses. Is it a firm offer to one? What about off the waitlist? Is it more likely to get an acceptance to Windsor off the waitlist?

Everyone initially accepted gets their first choice campus, and last year it seemed like everyone on the high waitlist had their first choice campus (probably because it had not filled up yet). As we go down the list further and further you are going to receive an offer from the campus that has spots still (last year it was Windsor). If you get accepted to your second choice campus though and a spot opens at your first choice campus you will be offered a spot at your preferred campus before the next person on the waitlist gets that spot (and they will receive the spot you release or leave).

Congrats and good luck to everyone today!

Everyone initially accepted gets their first choice campus, and last year it seemed like everyone on the high waitlist had their first choice campus (probably because it had not filled up yet). As we go down the list further and further you are going to receive an offer from the campus that has spots still (last year it was Windsor). If you get accepted to your second choice campus though and a spot opens at your first choice campus you will be offered a spot at your preferred campus before the next person on the waitlist gets that spot (and they will receive the spot you release or leave).

Congrats and good luck to everyone today!

So if I got an offer for Windsor (second choice) and accepted it, then a few days later a spot opens up at London (first choice), they would call/email me and offer me that London spot?

Archived