Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

I just want to reassure everyone here that I know what you are going through, it is very tough. Do know that the "good waitlist" letter is a very conservative number. Many people get off the "bad waitlist" letter, so keep the faith strong.

Do you mean that people get in off the regular waitlist Alastriss? Or have people gotten in off the low priority list too?

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think in Alastriss' year (2013), there were just two waitlists, the high priority and normal. So the normal one was the 'bad' one.

Last year, 2014, there were three, high, normal, and low. I can't say for sure whether anyone from the low received an offer, but I don't think they did.

Yeah that is my understanding as well - they did change things a bit!

So let's say they call you for an offer but you were unable to receive because you were on the subway. Do they try to contact you again or do they just move on to the next person?

My guess is that they try to? Either through email or phone again?

they keep calling you until they've contacted you and gotten your decision on whether or not you'd like the spot. Remember, if they're calling you, they want YOU over the person that's next on the spot so its in their interest to get your answer before moving on.

anyone have any ideas when the first waitlist movements are most likely to happen?

I really need to stop checking this thread, but I'm pretty keen to know this as well. It'd be so nice if things started moving before the initial decision period is up, because waiting out 3 weeks is going to wreck my nerves (which are getting pretty shot to begin with!).

I really need to stop checking this thread, but I'm pretty keen to know this as well. It'd be so nice if things started moving before the initial decision period is up, because waiting out 3 weeks is going to wreck my nerves (which are getting pretty shot to begin with!).

Yeah, waiting until May 5 was horrible, then we find out we have to wait even more! I believe they are going to be releasing more details about waitlist movement on their blog.

they keep calling you until they've contacted you and gotten your decision on whether or not you'd like the spot. Remember, if they're calling you, they want YOU over the person that's next on the spot so its in their interest to get your answer before moving on.

In previous years they also sent out e-mails too correct?

It's probably better for people who are exclusively waitlisted at Western if Western doesn't move their waitlist until 3 weeks after May 5. This would be the case especially if other schools start moving their lists prior to the provisional acceptance deadline. If someone has a Western acceptance in hand, but really wants another school, and that school starts making offers prior to the provisional acceptance deadline, that could mean one more opening at Western.

Yeah absolutely, its in our best interests that Schulich hold off on waitlist movement til the 27th, but either way I wish admin would post on the blog already! lol Im surprised Pam hasnt' done it yet, she usually keeps her word and she said she'd do it by last Friday...

It's probably better for people who are exclusively waitlisted at Western if Western doesn't move their waitlist until 3 weeks after May 5. This would be the case especially if other schools start moving their lists prior to the provisional acceptance deadline. If someone has a Western acceptance in hand, but really wants another school, and that school starts making offers prior to the provisional acceptance deadline, that could mean one more opening at Western.

Ah, I hadn't thought about it like that, thanks! That makes me feel better about waiting a bit longer :)

In the waitlist email it says we have to get back to them by June 1st with contact information. Thus I expect the waitlist will only move AFTER this date.

What do you guys think?

Nah, last year the waitlist email had the same June 1st deadline to respond but the first waitlist offer on this forum was made on May 28th - exactly 1 day after the offers expired last year.

JediMaster, when they call you do they ask you to decide right there and then, or do they give you some time to get back to them?

Well they ask you first if you've accepted anywhere else. Then they ask if you're still interested in Schulich. Then they tell you you're accepted to whichever campus and that the information/acceptance package will be emailed to you. From what I can remember, the information package gave you some time to think about it. Honestly, in my case, it was a no-brainer in the sense that I knew right away I didn't make the condition necessary to keep the acceptance, so I dont' remember specifically. But I know forsure that you aren't forced to decide right away on the phone.

JediMaster, when they call you do they ask you to decide right there and then, or do they give you some time to get back to them?

They give you the same amount of time as everyone else to decide (I think it was a week for your deposit?)... you definitely don't have to tell them on the phone although most people are so happy they do, haha.

Archived