Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

They give you the same amount of time as everyone else to decide (I think it was a week for your deposit?)... you definitely don't have to tell them on the phone although most people are so happy they do, haha.

Haha, that would definitely be the case for me for me (assuming the normal waitlist manages to get to me). All they'd have to say is "This is blah from the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry" and I'd be screaming "Yes Yes Yes" into the phone.

If only that could be true...

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, that would definitely be the case for me for me (assuming the normal waitlist manages to get to me). All they'd have to say is "This is blah from the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry" and I'd be screaming "Yes Yes Yes" into the phone.

If only that could be true...

^^ so true LOL

Lol let me tell you from first hand experience how exciting and thrilling that phone call is. At Schulich its actually Pam who calls you (she's the admissions person who sent you your email as well) and she sounds just as excited to be calling you as you are to be receiving her phone call lol It's a very nice moment and I hope we all get to experience it!

Lol let me tell you from first hand experience how exciting and thrilling that phone call is. At Schulich its actually Pam who calls you (she's the admissions person who sent you your email as well) and she sounds just as excited to be calling you as you are to be receiving her phone call lol It's a very nice moment and I hope we all get to experience it!

From your keyboard to God's (and Schulich's) ear!

Amen to that!

I've been imagining what I would say if I did get the call endlessly...

I would probably scream, "YES! OMG! YES!"

And don't judge - but I might actually say O.M.G. ><

You know that whole proposal response... girls who accept proposals going "Yes, Yes, Oh my god, yes"...that's what I imagine these calls to be like...

how crazy would it be to wait it out on the regular waitlist instead of accepting a Queens' offer?....

I remember seeing last year someone turned down an acceptance and waited it out on the good waitlist...that was ballsy. Doing it on the regular waitlist would be insane lol.

how crazy would it be to wait it out on the regular waitlist instead of accepting a Queens' offer?....

I won't comment on that, but I will say that I think it would be crazy to base your decision on what you anticipate happening with the waitlist based on statistics compiled from these boards.

I would not do this. Regular wait-list is iffy but good wait-list is pretty much a guaranteed to get in since last year people got off the regular wait-list. Although, if you want to go to Western that badly and do not mind waiting another year if you dont get in anywhere then go ahead.

If you do actually do this and get in, you should get some kind of dedication to UWO Medicine award from them.

Im assuming you accepted somewhere else. If so, congratulations. And thank you :D . Were you on the high/middle/low wait list?

Thanks, yea I'm accepting another offer. As far as I can tell I was on the normal list.

Archived