Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I'd post two thing that are helping me get through this...

My favourite poem...

And the reason I want to be a doctor...

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate the beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I share this quotation as my reason because I believe this to be the path towards a successful life. And based on everything I know about the medical profession and what I have experienced myself, I can't picture any other way for me that can provide me with these opportunities for personal growth and realizations.

To everyone on this thread - Hang. In. There. *fingers crossed*

:)

Just thought I'd post two thing that are helping me get through this...

My favourite poem...

And the reason I want to be a doctor...

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate the beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I share this quotation as my reason because I believe this to be the path towards a successful life. And based on everything I know about the medical profession and what I have experienced myself, I can't picture any other way for me that can provide me with these opportunities for personal growth and realizations.

To everyone on this thread - Hang. In. There. *fingers crossed*

:)

I love this post and poem - thanks for sharing! We're all going to get through this, one way or another.

So..while we're all hanging around for another week or so before the list starts to move, is someone willing to stalk the Class of 2015 Facebook page to see how many members there are for the new class? If you go through last year's waitlist thread, that was one of the ways us waitlisters got a good idea of how fast the class was filling up. I would do it myself but I have never bothered with a fb account and I'm not about to start now :)

So..while we're all hanging around for another week or so before the list starts to move, is someone willing to stalk the Class of 2015 Facebook page to see how many members there are for the new class? If you go through last year's waitlist thread, that was one of the ways us waitlisters got a good idea of how fast the class was filling up. I would do it myself but I have never bothered with a fb account and I'm not about to start now :)

Sure, I have time to kill. 227 members, 130 (that I counted) are admin. So that means only about 100 people (myself included) have joined the Facebook group as 2015s. Interpret that as you will!

Sure, I have time to kill. 227 members, 130 (that I counted) are admin. So that means only about 100 people (myself included) have joined the Facebook group as 2015s. Interpret that as you will!

yeah we are all pretty excited to see everyone - in case you couldn't tell :)

The number I came up with from the Facebook page is 88 class of 2015 people. I think the reason that the number I got is slightly less than janeway's estimate because it appears that there are some students who are not "admins" but who are also not 2015s: there are some 2013s in the group too, I think. Of course, there are also inevitably some people who just don't have Facebook or who don't know about the group. I will do another count next weekend - the number will increase once people have to make their decisions, provided that they join the Facebook group.

Thanks so much guys, and yes last year we had to keep a good lookout for those med students who joined the group but who were actually from a different year. 88 doesn't sound too bad at all considering. But yes, I would assume that starting this weekend, another count would be a good idea since a bunch of people will make their final decisions on Thursday. Good job Team!

Thanks so much guys, and yes last year we had to keep a good lookout for those med students who joined the group but who were actually from a different year. 88 doesn't sound too bad at all considering. But yes, I would assume that starting this weekend, another count would be a good idea since a bunch of people will make their final decisions on Thursday. Good job Team!

Yeah for sure; I'm being as careful as possible to ensure accuracy :)

Also, in case anyone is interested, it looks like there are 3 2015 people currently in the Windsor Facebook group. Those 3 people are also in the main Facebook group, so they are part of the 88 people counted.

Haha - thanks! :)

I send a video/article of the day to my MCAT students. So, it's fun to peruse YouTube for them and then share the wealth with you guys :D

Glad you like them so far.

Your MCAT students get videos and articles?? I'm so jealous... last summer, my MCAT instructor sent us e-mails every day, but they were just MCAT tips... useful, but not so much fun haha

During every class I teach, I give them tips and tricks for the MCAT.

And then every day I figured I should send them a video and an article. Some videos are funny and to give them some time to relax, while others are informative and give them an opportunity to think offbeat for Writing sample examples. The articles are most often Opinion pieces from the Economist. :D

Yeah...they love me :P haha

During every class I teach, I give them tips and tricks for the MCAT.

And then every day I figured I should send them a video and an article. Some videos are funny and to give them some time to relax, while others are informative and give them an opportunity to think offbeat for Writing sample examples. The articles are most often Opinion pieces from the Economist. :D

Yeah...they love me :P haha

Wow you sound like quite the instructor. If both accepted, I might consider hiring you as my tutor :P . On another note, if the numbers are correct for the facebook group, it appears as though most of the available spots will be for Windsor campus. Not a real shocker lol but just thought I should point that out.

Wow you sound like quite the instructor. If both accepted, I might consider hiring you as my tutor :P . On another note, if the numbers are correct for the facebook group, it appears as though most of the available spots will be for Windsor campus. Not a real shocker lol but just thought I should point that out.

Haha - I would be more than happy to help you to the best of my abilities :)

As for the Windsor campus spots - I am TOTALLY okay with that. Wouldn't mind going there one bit :D

Archived