Premed 101 Forums

2011 Waitlist Thread

Does anyone know how long OMSAS takes to respond to offers of admission after you accept them? I accepted my admission to Western on Friday and am waiting to hear back... They have to respond by this Friday in order for me to be accepted so does anyone think I should call in if I don't get an e-mail confirming my SAS message was processed by the office soon. I already got an e-mail saying that the message was received. Any ideas for how long it should take?

From posts around here it looks like it takes anywhere from 1 business day to a few business days. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fine.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Thought I would breathe life into this thread

Got a call from Western today at 1:30 and was offered a spot at their Windsor campus. I also got a call this morning from Queen's so now I have a decision to make.

Stats:

34Q (12/11/11)

GPA, best two years: 3.85

just graduated from a masters program (course-based)

ECs: lots of different ones - hospital, community/church, school clubs; nothing extraordinary though

Good luck to everyone still waiting

Hey guys,

Got a call from Western today at 1:30 and was offered a spot at their Windsor campus. I also got a call this morning from Queen's so now I have a decision to make.

Stats:

34Q (12/11/11)

ECs: lots of different ones - hospital, community/church, school clubs; nothing extraordinary though

hehe, this was me last Thursday ;)

Good luck with your decision and congrats on both Queen's and UWO!

Hey guys,

Stats:

34Q (12/11/11)

Congratulations! 2 calls in 1 day, what a lucky day for you! Better go out and buy a lottery ticket or something.

Wow two ontario schools :) congrats!

I hope the waitlist moves a bit tomorrow :s for all of us still waiting

The blog post seemed to say that the wait list offers would be out about once per week but it seems like offers are being given out like they were in previous years. Does that mean a small number of offers are handed out on separate days but the bulk of offers are out once per week? That seemed to be what happened last week the day I got accepted.

I think that they are giving out offers as people decline. They probably thought that most of the movement would occur once per week because most people wait until the last minute to make their decision.

You make a good point. I think these new offers are based on previous offers that were not accepted. It makes sense since not very many have been given out.

You make a good point. I think these new offers are based on previous offers that were not accepted. It makes sense since not very many have been given out.

Then, I guess we're pretty much betting on previous offers that are refused :s that's very little hopeee

Then, I guess we're pretty much betting on previous offers that are refused :s that's very little hopeee

Have faith my friend. In previous years movement has continued well into July from what I saw on previous threads. It may be that there are open seats but they are offering a few seats at a time, looking at how many accept, and then offering more in the weeks to follow. The only thing to do now is hope. Some high wait listers may be waiting till the end to decide. Some may even reject their offers. Only time will tell.

Hey guys,

Stats:

34Q (12/11/11)

Congratulations!

For the rest of us still waiting, we have to remain positive.

Hey guys,

Stats:

34Q (12/11/11)

congrats! Decision time :)

Facebook group update: 130 people in the group, with 18 of those people being @ Windsor.

So ...we have seen an increase of approximately 32 ppl to the group since that day before significant waitlist movement (when it was at 98 ppl), and only 12 facebook spaces left at Windsor. I guess the offers will continue to trickle along as people get other offers.

I just did a search, and it seems that Western doesn't really offer deferrals? so there is no additional date to expect a lump of offers.

On the plus side (and this is what I've been focusing on to keep putting one foot in front of the other these days), if things don't work out this year we have a great shot at all of our first choices again in the next cycle! and applications are pretty much almost here! From what I've seen on these forums ppl seem to have great results in their second time applying. I'm willing to accept that, being from a non-trad background, I needed more time to figure out the process.:o

So ...we have seen an increase of approximately 32 ppl to the group since that day before significant waitlist movement (when it was at 98 ppl), and only 12 facebook spaces left at Windsor. I guess the offers will continue to trickle along as people get other offers.

I just did a search, and it seems that Western doesn't really offer deferrals? so there is no additional date to expect a lump of offers.

On the plus side (and this is what I've been focusing on to keep putting one foot in front of the other these days), if things don't work out this year we have a great shot at all of our first choices again in the next cycle! and applications are pretty much almost here! From what I've seen on these forums ppl seem to have great results in the second time applying. I'm willing to accept that, being from a non-trad background, I needed more time to figure out the process.:o

Yeah, I have a good feeling about next year too. We will all have a better idea about what to expect during the application/interview process and what things from this past year we would do differently.

With respect to your Windsor comment, aren't there 38 spots at Windsor? Meaning that there would be 20 Windsor "Facebook" spots left, if there are 18 2015s in the Windsor group now?

Oo yep, thanks for keeping tabs on the numbers.

But still, it would be sooo amazing to get in this year!

For sure... it would be fantastic to not have to redo the entire application, do interviews again, apply to a bunch of other schools, etc. lol. I really hope we both get in! If not... not the end of the world.

Another day passes!!

Yep... hopefully we will see some action today. If not, tomorrow or Monday may be more likely since I think the deadline to respond to the offer is tomorrow? I can't remember where I heard this; someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Facebook update: 132 in the main group, 18 in the Windsor group. I think at this point the Windsor group is the one we need to watch more closely, since the class will be full when the Windsor group fills, assuming that people who are at the Windsor campus join both groups and not just the main group.

Yep... hopefully we will see some action today. If not, tomorrow or Monday may be more likely since I think the deadline to respond to the offer is tomorrow? I can't remember where I heard this; someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Facebook update: 132 in the main group, 18 in the Windsor group. I think at this point the Windsor group is the one we need to watch more closely, since the class will be full when the Windsor group fills, assuming that people who are at the Windsor campus join both groups and not just the main group.

Lol where is the link for the Windsor group. I am in the main group but am attending in Windsor. Is it in the same group?

Good morning...and another day of pm101 begins, lol.

Yes, I think that I remember someone saying that the deadline for most people is tomorrow. The office seems to like giving people with offers the benefit of the doubt, so I would expect that they might hold out until monday with any offers. Then again, if people reply early, we could see those offers at any time.

Good morning...and another day of pm101 begins, lol.

Yes, I think that I remember someone saying that the deadline for most people is tomorrow. The office seems to like giving people with offers the benefit of the doubt, so I would expect that they might hold out until monday with any offers. Then again, if people reply early, we could see those offers at any time.

Just wanna say that I got accepted last thursday but my email offer didn't come until Monday so I technically have until Monday to respond. I know there were a few others in my boat so response dates are Today, Tomorrow and Monday for those accepted late last week - keep your chin up folks!

Also: I have accepted a spot at Windsor but haven't joined the fb group because I don't have fb! But I will be fixing that today. Cheers

Archived