Premed 101 Forums

Countdown time!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we know from this post the earliest letters received was 12:07 Winnipeg Time (could be earlier). Couple people got theirs within a minute of each other so we know they can do more than 1 letter a minute if they infact send them out manually. It is now 1:38 PM Winnipeg time. I think it is safe to say that all the letter that will be going out today has gone out :(... Now, times may vary also depending on which email account people use. There might be a delay (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours) between admissions hitting the send button and when you actually receive the letter. Let hope all our email clients are still filtering our letters and they will hit the inbox soon!!! ;)

Tip: Also check your "Junk" inbox. I know I am.

Edit: Earliest confirmed letter is 12:07PM

Well, we know from this post the earliest letters received was 12:07 Winnipeg Time (could be earlier). Couple people got theirs within a minute of each other so we know they can do more than 1 letter a minute if they infact send them out manually. It is now 1:38 PM Winnipeg time. I think it is safe to say that all the letter that will be going out today has gone out :(... Now, times may vary also depending on which email account people use. There might be a delay (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours) between admissions hitting the send button and when you actually receive the letter. Let hope all our email clients are still filtering our letters and they will hit the inbox soon!!! ;)

Edit: Earliest confirm letter is 12:07PM

Well thirty6ix got his at 1:28PM, although he admits his inbox is screwed up.

Like I've mentioned, it may be the email client. I have had people sent me urgent emails that did not go into my inbox until 3 hours later. I've also gotten emails within seconds. It all depends on traffic and which email accounts both parties are using. For example, Hotmail->Hotmail should be seconds (at least that's what I assume). But the admissions comittee is surely not using hotmail therefore whatever email program they use to your email program might get caught up in extra processing time, hence delays.

Well thirty6ix got his at 1:28PM, although he admits his inbox is screwed up.

"Dear Mr OrtuSolSolis:

Congratulations! The Admissions Committee of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba is pleased to offer you a position in the MD Program commencing August 2011."

My time stamp for this is Fri, 13 May 2011 12:27:51 -0500 [12:27:51 CDT]. I used my U of M email for my contact though, so I would have gotten it quite rapidly.

I can't quote any quotes but I thought I read somewhere that the waitlist is 30 or so people. And quote often the top 10 get in, the middle 10 its quite rare, and the last 10 is basically never. Then again could be pulled out of my ass, but im fairly sure i remember reading it.

Hello friends,

I am an OOP applicant to U of MB. I haven't heard anything post interview. Do you guys know if U of MB offers spots between now and June 3 to OOPers or do we wait till June 3 for more offers?

Thanks

As of last year, this was correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck everyone :)

I don't really remember the day before acceptances were released; I think they were supposed to be mailed out, so I thought it would be a few days later, but then they emailed us! So double surprise!

I can't quote any quotes but I thought I read somewhere that the waitlist is 30 or so people. And quote often the top 10 get in, the middle 10 its quite rare, and the last 10 is basically never. Then again could be pulled out of my ass, but im fairly sure i remember reading it.

This was true in my year; dunno if it's changed. :)

Archived