Premed 101 Forums

Auditing Classes

medtech

How would you approach this exactly? I'm interested in auditing a french class or two at western this summer and I already know which course I want to Audit, when it began and the schedule.

My question is what' the next step? Do I just show up to the class and listen or do I contact the university resister? The thing is that the deadline for registering in courses is already over so what do I do now?

If anyone has experience in auditing courses (if it's at the university of western Ontario, even better), I'd love some help with this.

Cheers

How would you approach this exactly? I'm interested in auditing a french class or two at western this summer and I already know which course I want to Audit, when it began and the schedule.

My question is what' the next step? Do I just show up to the class and listen or do I contact the university resister? The thing is that the deadline for registering in courses is already over so what do I do now?

If anyone has experience in auditing courses (if it's at the university of western Ontario, even better), I'd love some help with this.

Cheers

Because it's a language class I would caution just showing up... French at UBC had very small classes (around 30) and the prof knew everybody, she would take attendance and ask questions and check in with everybody. It felt very much like high school :P

If you just show up she/he may take issue with it and put you on the spot a bit. If I were you I would just contact the department or the prof and say, I would like to come in and audit the class... they may allow it they may not.

If the school has large classes you may get away with it, but at UBC the class was small enough that everybody knew each other, the teacher knew who you were and I would have felt like the biggest dolt out there if the prof decided to have some fun with me for not actually being registered in the course.

Talk to the prof. I audited a few classes over the years, and some said it was fine to just show up, but some wanted me to fill out the form to officially audit because their department liked to have audits on record so they could know how much interest there was in certain classes.

Archived