Premed 101 Forums

The 2011 Waitlist

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got an email from admissions that I was supposed to send in my transcription since it was asked of me in the waitlist reinstatement email? There was NO mention of any transcriptions in that email! And they told me that the deadline was June 15th, when I actually received the reinstatement email on June 23rd??? What is going on? Anyone received a similar email?

if you recall the initial email (on may 13th) it required you to send in confirmation of completion of a grad program by june 30 (via oas by providing contact details for your department head) as well as to send final transcripts by july 30th.

i'm not sure if the deadline for undergrad students was different (you mentioned june 15th) as i am a grad student, but if ubc is giving you the opportunity to send them in now, i would just do so :)

i was also re-instated from the waiting list and agree that it wasn't clear in that email what needed to be done, but if you refer to earlier emails you will likely find instructions. hope this helps.

I just got an email from admissions that I was supposed to send in my transcription since it was asked of me in the waitlist reinstatement email? There was NO mention of any transcriptions in that email! And they told me that the deadline was June 15th, when I actually received the reinstatement email on June 23rd??? What is going on? Anyone received a similar email?

if you recall the initial email (on may 13th) it required you to send in confirmation of completion of a grad program by june 30 (via oas by providing contact details for your department head) as well as to send final transcripts by july 30th.

i'm not sure if the deadline for undergrad students was different (you mentioned june 15th) as i am a grad student, but if ubc is giving you the opportunity to send them in now, i would just do so :)

i was also re-instated from the waiting list and agree that it wasn't clear in that email what needed to be done, but if you refer to earlier emails you will likely find instructions. hope this helps.

From the UBC Med website:

June 15, 2011

Final Transcripts

All successful and waitlisted applicants must submit (if applicable):

One final, official transcript from institution(s) where applicants completed courses between September 2010 and April 30, 2011.

All documents must be received in the MD Undergraduate Admissions Office by 1:00 pm (13h00), PDT, June 15, 2011.

Graduate School Completion:

Proof of completion deadline: July 30, 2011

Graduate Program Completion

Thesis and non-thesis graduate students must complete their programs by June 30, 2011. This deadline is firm. Offers of admission will be rescinded if applicants do not finish their program by the June 30th deadline.

Graduate students must provide Proof of completion by July 30th, 2011, either by submitting a final transcripts indicating the graduate program has been completed (not necessarily conferred) or, if unable to provide transcript, an official letter of completion from the Faculty/Department of Graduate Studies at your university. We will not accept letters from thesis supervisors or professors to confirm degree completion.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion.

If you were removed before June 15 and then reinstated- just send them an email saying you give them permission to access your transcripts electronically (if you are a ubc student) or get your transcript asap and email them saying you will have it sent over immediately.

Good luck!

Question - did any of the wait listers who were cut froM

The list in early July receive their scores? I was not cut and am finding it very frustrating to start this application with no feedback from last cycle. Assuming that if I am close enough to the front I will not be "officially rejected" until aug 30, Which means I will have to submit this years application before receiving my scores!?!

Question - did any of the wait listers who were cut froM

The list in early July receive their scores? I was not cut and am finding it very frustrating to start this application with no feedback from last cycle. Assuming that if I am close enough to the front I will not be "officially rejected" until aug 30, Which means I will have to submit this years application before receiving my scores!?!

Here is your feedback...

You are so ridiculously close to getting into med school that you probably only need to do a little bit better in the interview.

You should be able to determine what your AQ score would have been and if you were above the cutoff that is all that really matters in terms of getting to an interview.

If you got to the interview stage this cycle and are still on the waitlist it is most likely going to come down to a few miniscule points that could stem from just about anything.

If you did a little bit better in your coursework (assuming you had some this year) or you took on a few new EC's then that might make the difference this cycle. If you make it to the interview stage you'll just have to go in and own that ish...

That's your feedback.

Seriously, you're close- don't give up and keep working hard.

Good luck.

So I guess they have emailed a bunch of people:

"Earlier today we notified a number of people that their names were no longer on our wait list. We do not want to keep people in suspense any longer than necessary. A few people remain waitlisted just in case. Is there any hope left for those people you ask? There is a very slight possibility that something might happen between now and when Orientation starts at the end of August, but based on experience in previous years, do not realistically think that anyone admitted to the program will now decline the spot they were offered.

For those of you who were so close, thank you for your patience over these last couple of months. If you have not already done so, hope you can now begin to look forward to this coming application cycle (if that is what you want to do) – if you have made other plans, we thank you for your interest in UBC’s medical school."

So I guess they have emailed a bunch of people:

"Earlier today we notified a number of people that their names were no longer on our wait list. We do not want to keep people in suspense any longer than necessary. A few people remain waitlisted just in case. Is there any hope left for those people you ask? There is a very slight possibility that something might happen between now and when Orientation starts at the end of August, but based on experience in previous years, do not realistically think that anyone admitted to the program will now decline the spot they were offered.

For those of you who were so close, thank you for your patience over these last couple of months. If you have not already done so, hope you can now begin to look forward to this coming application cycle (if that is what you want to do) – if you have made other plans, we thank you for your interest in UBC’s medical school."

Where did you read this? I don't see it on the blog...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived