Premed 101 Forums

The 2011 Waitlist

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread for those of us on the waitlist. How many of us here on pm101 are waitlisted?

Also if anyone has had an experience being waitlisted, or has any information about how the UBC waitlist goes, please share it to us! It would be great to have some idea about what to expect being in this position. Thanks!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

however, i fear that the actual # is actually 75-100 on wait list...

Wow that would be a lot. Although basing it on those who posted their application status on the other threads, that can be quite possible. At least we sort of know that we were quite close to getting an offer. Let's not lose hope yet! But I'm with The Ace of Spades, I'll be assuming a rejection if I don't hear anytime soon.

Hey waitlisters,

I will be respectfully declining my offer from UBC (IP) in favor of UofA, I hope this spot goes to someone special! I won't be declining it until I officially accept the one from UofA however.

Best of luck!

PS: VFMP

Thanks for letting us know *HopefulMD! And a big congratulations for having multiple offers!

Hey waitlisters,

I will be respectfully declining my offer from UBC (IP) in favor of UofA, I hope this spot goes to someone special! I won't be declining it until I officially accept the one from UofA however.

Best of luck!

PS: VFMP

appreciate the heads up

UBC waitlist here too.

I have an offer at another school, which I will be accepting. If I put my deposit in and plan to go to the other school and UBC accepts me off the waitlist much later, I can still go to UBC right? (I won't get my deposit back obviously)

In any case, not holding my breath on the UBC waitlist.

20-25 sounds like a decent #. if we have ~50 people on the waitlist then the changes are still pretty much a coin flip which is better than i expected

however, i fear that the actual # is actually 75-100 on wait list...

75-100 actually sounds about right judging from the number of posts on this forum.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Ace of Spades! Yeah even if things don't work out for us this cycle, at least we know that we were close to getting it. Same as you I'd probably get a job soon and keep it for this year. Hopefully we all get good news if not this app cycle then for the next! Was this your first time applying as well?

Hey Team:

Hang in there! It was a hard decision but I will be declining my offer at UBC - SMP. I am an in province applicant.

All the best everyone! Please please please Kelowna campus people: enjoy your time in the interior!! It has plenty to offer!

Cheers! :)

Has anyone on the waitlist moved up yet? I am curious if they will be sending out rolling acceptances or batches every week or two? Although I am not disappointed by my "waitlist" status I am so anxious and frustrated that I have no idea where I stand or what my scores are!!

UPDATE:

Just received an email one minute ago.

Accepted to SMP! Not my first or second choice, but I am 99% sure I will accept it later today (after I talk to my girlfriend about moving).

Good luck everyone! There's still hope!

99%? Not 100%? Don't turn it down! That's craziness! :)

Congrats.

Archived