Premed 101 Forums

The 2011 Waitlist

Just want everyone to know that I didn't pay my deposit in time (essentially declining ubc's offer as IP student at Vancouver site).

I'll be attending Mcmaster instead.

good luck to those on the wait list. I know how you feel, being waitlisted myself in previous years. I know this is a really hard time for you guys.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you get in off of the waitlist? If not your place has probably been given away already :(. Either way thanks for your post.

I was offered a position right away. (not waitlisted). good luck for the rest of you waitlisters

Judging from the forum, do you guys think this year is moving faster or slower than previous years?

bout the same i'd say. Maybe even faster (didnt 3 posters get accepted off the list last week?)

nonethless after next week's batch of offers the chances are really slim to none.

i estimate the # of people getting off the list to be something like this

1st week ~ 7

2nd week ~7

3rd week ~3

I haven't declined at UBC yet because I really want to get my U of A forms and criminal record check handed in first- I'm paranoid that if I decline at UBC I'm going to somehow screw up the U of A forms and then I won't have anywhere to go!

So I'll try and do that quickly for you :P

-Alright, I have officially declined! Best of luck!

I think I actually got your spot. Thank you!

Timestamp: 5:42 pm EST

So psyched!

I guess since I have not heard from UBC by now it's unlikely I'll hear from them at all right? I've accepted a spot at another medical school, but I was hoping I might get a sniff from UBC.

Can I hold onto the WL spot even though I've paid my deposit at another school?

I guess since I have not heard from UBC by now it's unlikely I'll hear from them at all right? I've accepted a spot at another medical school, but I was hoping I might get a sniff from UBC.

I am in the same boat. I have already paid my deposit for U of A but am still on UBC's waitlist hoping for a spot to come up.

I believe you can hold onto the UBC waitlist spot despite giving another school a deposit: they're not mutually exclusive events.

If this were two Ontario schools, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure OMSAS will not allow one to hold onto both an offer and a waitlist spot. For instance, say you want to go to Mac, get put on their waitlist, but do get an offer at Ottawa. If May 27th rolls around (the OMSAS deadline for 1st round of acceptance) and you've not yet moved off the Mac list, you essentially have to select your Ottawa offer..

Archived