Premed 101 Forums

McGill Merit scholarship

Hey everyone,

I (and by I, I mean my parents) have a question about this page right here:

http://www.mcgill.ca/studentaid/scholarships/prospective

It says:

All applicants to a McGill undergraduate degree program are automatically considered for a one-year scholarship; no separate application is required.

Does this apply to Med-P too? If it does, how do we go about knowing if we get one?

If your CRC is higher than 33 (which it probably is) then you get a $3000, first year scholarship. If you go to the My Financial Awards Page, you should see it there. This was the cut off for last year btw.

If you got a major scholarship ($3000 per year, $5000 per year or $10,000 per year renewable) then you have to work hard to renew it... and I mean, really hard.

Hope it somewhat helps :)

If your CRC is higher than 33 (which it probably is) then you get a $3000, first year scholarship. If you go to the My Financial Awards Page, you should see it there. This was the cut off for last year btw.

If you got a major scholarship ($3000 per year, $5000 per year or $10,000 per year renewable) then you have to work hard to renew it... and I mean, really hard.

Hope it somewhat helps :)

It did thanks! I was just unsure if Med-P was considered an undergrad :)

Yeah Med-P is like U1 Science and to my surprise even Medicine counts as undergrad as an undergraduate major scholarship can carry over and be renewed while your studying medicine for up to 4 years. But they require top 10% in faculty of medicine then :eek: (renew criteria!)

Yeah Med-P is like U1 Science and to my surprise even Medicine counts as undergrad as an undergraduate major scholarship can carry over and be renewed while your studying medicine for up to 4 years. But they require top 10% in faculty of medicine then :eek:

Ohhh I see, thanks!

There's nothing on my awards page yet, but I'm assuming its too soon, I accepted my offer like an hour ago LOL

Good choice. You also don't need the blood pressure increase from the added stress every time exams come around (with regards to the major scholarships' renewal criteria)... Congratulations on your acceptance and choosing McGill!!

Edit: They'll probably let you know soon. 33 was the cutoff for last year for everyone who got a $3000 one year. Its solely based on CRC.

I still have nothing, my r score is 36.4 :/

Are they gonna wait for my 4th semester grades too?

Weird!

Maybe you'll get it later for med-P

I applied in biology and I received a scholarship with my admission to that program, that's why I said that you should already have it. But maybe it will take longer for the med-P program. (My R score is 35.8)

I still have nothing, my r score is 36.4 :/

Are they gonna wait for my 4th semester grades too?

No, call them and inquire. You should defintally get one with that CRC. Did you apply for a major scholarship? Cause they will replace the $3K one year one with the renewables when those decisions are made.

Did you ONLY apply for med-p at McGill? Cause if so, scholarships are only concidered once you get atleast 1 offer of admission. So if Med-p was the only program you've recieved acceptances from, then the scholarship should be comming. They're usually given out along with the first offer of admission you recieve from the university.

Thanks Capucine and Corie for your responses!!!

Yes Med-P is the only program I applied to at McGill, and I didn't apply for any other scholarships :'(

Did anyone else get one for Med-P?

I don't want to call them and seem greedy or whatever, so I'm gonna wait it out a little xD

In that case, just wait a few days. A university can't give out a scholarship if you havn't been accepted! Everyone has gotten theirs because they applied for another program and already got accepted before Med-P decisions came out.

Archived