Premed 101 Forums

On line scores

Guest paulyg23

Guest paulyg23

Did anyone else get ripped off when they thought the letter in the mail from the AAMC was their MCAT scores?? What a joke! I can't believe they are charging $15 to check MCAT scores online (American, that is). Come'on! - I already spent hundreds of dollars on practice tests and the exam itself. Now they want to soak another $25 (Can) out of me to look at scores online which probably cost them $0.50. Anyhow, I just needed to get that out of me!

Guest Ian Wong

Heh! Those leeches are out to bleed your wallet dry. This is also a general theme for the entire application process, so you might as well get used to it now. :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest AniyaSG

Last year MCAT scores from the August test were accessible online before they were mailed out by starting an AMSCAS (sp?) application. Maybe this still works?

Guest aneliz

Yup, Aniya is right. Last year you could get your MCAT scores online before they were mailed without paying a cent. This is how you do it:

Go to the AMCAS website.

Find out how to start an application

It will ask you to create a user name and password and enter things like your name and SIN.

It will then generate the online application form. If you scroll down to the section 'tests and exams' you should see your MCAT scores listed there. (assuming that you released them to AMCAS!).

Cheap, fast and easy! I would think that the American apps should be available soon if not already given their rolling admissions procedures.....

Best of luck! AMCAS doesn't need any more $$$!

Archived