Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thank you! :( i dont see anything like that on my email, but i was applying for ot, so maybe they do things differently for pt and ot. but thank you for your help :)

I'm a PT applicant but my sister was admitted to OT last cycle - as silly as it seems, she was notified that they do not inform you of your position on the waitlist for OT but that they do for PT. Hope this helps!

Hello everyone,

Are there anyone out there who are still waiting for an e-mail (PT acceptance or rejection e-mail) from Mac? I didn't get one on the 20th and was wondering if I should wait or contact the school. Any suggestion?

thanks,

Accepted: Queens PT, U of A OT, UWO OT, Queen's OT

Waitlisted: UWO PT, UBC OT

Rejected: UBC PT, U of A PT

GPA: 3.75

Didn't go to either OT/PT McMaster Interview or U of T CAP.

If you don't mind me asking, which offer are you leaning towards accepting?

Hey Scram,

What is your status of acceptances/waitlist/rejection?

Best of Luck!

I only applied to the 4 Ontario PT programs and was accepted for them all. It's odd that UWO only looks at averages, yet my friend who had a slightly higher GPA than me was waitlisted for UWO PT.

I only applied to the 4 Ontario PT programs and was accepted for them all. It's odd that UWO only looks at averages, yet my friend who had a slightly higher GPA than me was waitlisted for UWO PT.

Which school do you think you'll be attending? And what was your GPA if you don't mind me asking?

Does anyone know how much the UofT PT waitlist typically moves? A friend of mine is in the low 20s.

Not much, from what I've heard. It tends to be one of the top 2 choices for most people, so there's very little movement. Last year, approximately 12 waitlisted candidates made it through. The year previous, there were reportedly none.

Which school do you think you'll be attending? And what was your GPA if you don't mind me asking?

I'm going to have to really take my time and decide. To be honest, I was expecting (hoping isn't really the right word here) to be rejected somewhere so my choices were whittled down.

My GPA was 3.80.

I'm going to have to really take my time and decide. To be honest, I was expecting (hoping isn't really the right word here) to be rejected somewhere so my choices were whittled down.

My GPA was 3.70.

Scram you got into UWO PT with a 3.70? The Cut-off for acceptances was 3.79...

Sorry? I don't understand.

EDIT: My mistake; my GPA was 3.80. Correcting the original post now.

I think ultimate_d means to say that everyone under 3.79 was waitlisted at Western.

I thought the cutoff for an interview at McMaster was a 3.72?

EDIT: Just saw your edit lol

Not much, from what I've heard. It tends to be one of the top 2 choices for most people, so there's very little movement. Last year, approximately 12 waitlisted candidates made it through. The year previous, there were reportedly none.

Have you heard anything about any of the other schools in terms of movement? Seriously desperate over here :(

Have you heard anything about any of the other schools in terms of movement? Seriously desperate over here :(

I'll see if I can find anything on the other schools.

Don't get down on yourself. If you're going to have a 3.85 for your application next year, you will definitely get multiple offers. This is my 2nd time applying, so it does work out.

I'll see if I can find anything on the other schools.

Don't get down on yourself. If you're going to have a 3.85 for your application next year, you will definitely get multiple offers. This is my 2nd time applying, so it does work out.

Thanks so much! I know that I probably shouldn't email Queens to ask about probability, but at the same time, I really need to know the likelihood that I will be admitted so that I can start planning my next year regardless of my admission status.

I realized I wrote 3.85 instead of 3.75...but I suppose that should (hopefully) still be good enough to at least get me to the interview/CAP stage. I know that I will eventually get in if I persevere but I guess I'm just eager to get started - even if it means that I don't get a choice.

Congratulations on your offers! I'm glad to hear that it all worked out for you the second time around :)

Thanks so much! I know that I probably shouldn't email Queens to ask about probability, but at the same time, I really need to know the likelihood that I will be admitted so that I can start planning my next year regardless of my admission status.

Don't ask them about your chances of getting in. Rather, ask them how many waitlisted candidates have made it in the last few years. Make sure to wait at least until they start contacting waitlist students (2nd week of June, I think) before you ask that. I'm not certain you'll get a response to it but it's your best bet.

Archived