Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Don't ask them about your chances of getting in. Rather, ask them how many waitlisted candidates have made it in the last few years. Make sure to wait at least until they start contacting waitlist students (2nd week of June, I think) before you ask that. I'm not certain you'll get a response to it but it's your best bet.

For sure! Definitely wasn't planning on asking about my own probability, but as you said, the number of individuals who were admitted off of the waitlist in previous years. Even so, I'm too afraid of asking for fear of being annoying. I suppose it's out of my hands anyways so all I can do is continue to wait! Thanks again!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey all,

If I accept an OT offer from McMaster, will I automatically be taken off the PT waitlist at UofT??

I would think that as both programs are managed through ORPAS that it would work the same as if you had applied to OT or PT programs alone - that is, if you provisionally accept, you will not be removed from the waitlist. However, as all provisional acceptances become firm on June 10th, you will then be taken off of the U of T waitlist at this date. I read on the U of T website that June 6th is the first day that they can begin contacting people off of the waitlist (http://www.physicaltherapy.utoronto.ca/prospect/dates.htm) so chances are if you haven't heard anything in that three day window, you will have to decide between accepting McMaster OT or risking it all to be considered for the UofT PT waitlist.

The website does say "If you have firmly accepted another PT offer from Western, Queen's or McMaster, we are not permitted to contact you with an offer." which makes me wonder if this process if different if you have accepted an OT program. I would contact one of the schools to clarify this.

Not much, from what I've heard. It tends to be one of the top 2 choices for most people, so there's very little movement. Last year, approximately 12 waitlisted candidates made it through. The year previous, there were reportedly none.

Wrong actually. Just emailed them the 2 days ago. They got down to #29 on the waitlist last yr (for 4 spots). The yr before they got down to #16 (for 12 spots) and the yr before that it was only 1 person off the waitlist. It's random at UT. I hope the trend continues this yr tho haha :P

Wrong actually. Just emailed them the 2 days ago. They got down to #29 on the waitlist last yr (for 4 spots). The yr before they got down to #16 (for 12 spots) and the yr before that it was only 1 person off the waitlist. It's random at UT. I hope the trend continues this yr tho haha :P

Fantastic news. Good luck to all those on the waiting list!

Rejected: Mac PT, U of T PT

Waitlisted: Queen's PT

Does anyone have any of the stats for the Queen's PT waiting list?

EDIT:this probably doesn't apply to the thread very well but, i was wondering if anyone who is currently applying for the second time knows if non-degree courses you do post graduation count towards the GPA for PT? or would one have to do 10 full courses and the pre-requisites all over again? not sure if the questions make much sense but any help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT:this probably doesn't apply to the thread very well but, i was wondering if anyone who is currently applying for the second time knows if non-degree courses you do post graduation count towards the GPA for PT? or would one have to do 10 full courses and the pre-requisites all over again? not sure if the questions make much sense but any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm pretty sure that non-degree courses will count towards the sGPA. What spot are you on the WL? And if you don't mind me asking, what was your sGPA?

What number are you on the waitlist? Do you know how long the list is?

i was wondering if anyone who is currently applying for the second time knows if non-degree courses you do post graduation count towards the GPA for PT?

Yes, they count towards your GPA. Should you apply next year, you'd have to re-enter your university courses, so they'll see that you have taken the necessary pre-requisite courses.

If you don't mind me asking, which offer are you leaning towards accepting?

I really wanted to do PT when I first started thinking about doing Rehab science, so I am leaning towards Queens PT. If not that, I will probably do OT at U of A since it is close to home and I've heard that U of A OT is a great program.

Provisional Accept: Western Occupational Therapy:o

Yay! What other school(s) are you watching out for? I really wish there were facebook groups for us.. especially since I'm from out of province and don't know anyone heading that way! Makes signing leases much more difficult!! lol eek!

Im in the low 30's and my GPA was a 3.63

I applied to Queen's PT 2 years ago, and I think I was number 24 on the waitlist, and just before the class closed I emailed them and I was 2 away from being offered admission. Obviously it fluctuates from year to year though....

Hihi!

I firmly accepted UWO PT (UofT's waiting list should be moving). Anyone else going there? (If you're looking for a roommate or want to find a place together, PM me. :))

Good luck to everyone!

I accepted UWO PT as well :), have you heard anything about when we have to send in deposits to keep our spots??

Archived