Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Hey guys, does anyone have any friends that they know that have been accepted to Mcmaster PT program but are rejecting, friends that do not post to these threads OR anyone they know that are before the #13 mark on the waitlist that have accepted another place.

Thanks guys!

Goodluck to all on the waiting list!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected: UWO PT and Queen's PT

Waitlisted: UofT OT (unknown), UofT PT (#23), Mac PT (#22)

Accepted: OT at Mac, Queen's and UWO

subGPA: 3.69 (but could be 3.7 something, depending on the school's rules, as I am a graduate applicant)

I did not accept any of the OT offers because of personal problems related to moving. I am fervently hoping to get off the UofT OT or PT waiting list :(

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist movement for either UofT or Mcmaster. I e-mailed Jasmine from Mcmaster - her email is: otptreq@mcmaster.ca She said the waitlist for Mcmaster is not expected to move. I find this odd because there are at least 4 people on this thread and 8 people in total that I have heard that have not accepted Mcmaster.

Has anyone heard anything about the Queen's PT waiting list?

I thought that they mentioned that we wouldn't hear anything until after the 10th? I've been wanting to email them to inquire about how many have gotten in through the waitlist in previous years but I'm too scared of being perceived as annoying...

I'm in the high 20s so I'll keep you posted if i hear anything...

I spoke to Pam at Mac this morning about the PT waitlist movement there - she says there will be very little (if any) movement this year because the Deans are adamant that they will keep the program minimal this year - likely even decreasing the number of students they take in depending on which provisional acceptances (of which they have many) end up going or not. They have decreased funding this year, and more importantly have fewer clinical placements than they have in the past. I was #25 on the waitlist and she told me they "definitely won't make it that far". I'm accepting PT at Western instead of taking my chances.

Hey, no not yet, i am also waiting for u of t to email me regarding the waitlist. I emailed them asking about the waitlist when i first got the email on May 20 and they said we would let us know something after june 6th. On the letter i received in the mail it said that they would act on waiting list offers by mid-june (so i'm guessing after june 10th?) not exactly sure. waiting sucks!

Hey,

In my initial email from UofT, it said they anticipate acting on the waiting list after June 3rd. I sent them an email asking if I would still be contacted when my name comes up on the list, even though I accept Queens offer..no reply as yet!

The waiting is killing me!!

I spoke to Pam at Mac this morning about the PT waitlist movement there - she says there will be very little (if any) movement this year because the Deans are adamant that they will keep the program minimal this year - likely even decreasing the number of students they take in depending on which provisional acceptances (of which they have many) end up going or not. They have decreased funding this year, and more importantly have fewer clinical placements than they have in the past. I was #25 on the waitlist and she told me they "definitely won't make it that far". I'm accepting PT at Western instead of taking my chances.

They've said that before. I'm sure there will be at least some waitlist movement.

does anyone know how the provisional acceptances work?? Like if you get an offer elsewhere does it automatically flip your acceptance or do you still have the choice of accepting either?? I provissionally accepted western but now it has grown on me... am I best to call Western/Orpas or just let it be till fridays deadline.

Just got a call today about being accepted to UWO PT. I was in the upper 30 on the list (3.77 GPA)...so the the waitlist is moving for those interested!

Thanks for the info! Are you going to accept the offer?

Thanks for the info! Are you going to accept the offer?

Yes i will be. I should have mentioned that. UWO was always my number one choice and my only realistic option (I was rejected from queens, didn't apply to mac, and was way down u of t's waitlist). Hope there's more waitlist movment for you!

Just thought i'd post:

Applied to: Queen's PT, Mac PT, UofT PT

Mac: Accepted!

UofT: WL number 59

Queen's: rejected

my cGPA was 3.78 (according to orpas) and GPA was 3.62

Mac was my first choice so i'm really excited!

Has UofT gotten in touch with anyone else about OT? I tried emailing them but haven't heard anything yet. :(

Hey give them a call (admissions dept) and they'll ask you for some personal information and then they could tell you where you are on the waitlist...thats what I did.

Hey give them a call (admissions dept) and they'll ask you for some personal information and then they could tell you where you are on the waitlist...thats what I did.

Thanks a lot!

Did they say if they are still acting on the waitlist? and if so which number they're at? I'm currently out of the country so calling is a little hard with the time difference so any information you might have would really be helpful!

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Queens about the waiting list. Also, does anyone know how they contact you? I have just recently moved and disconnected my home phone number so if they call me there i wont answer. Will they call the alternate phone number as well if they contact by phone?

I may be wrong, but I heard that they call you as well as send you an email. I also heard that you only have 48 hours to respond to the offer. In either case, I haven't heard anything yet. To be honest, I can't find anyone else who is on the list either?!

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Queens about the waiting list. Also, does anyone know how they contact you? I have just recently moved and disconnected my home phone number so if they call me there i wont answer. Will they call the alternate phone number as well if they contact by phone?

Change your contact info on ORPAS.

Archived