Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks a lot!

Did they say if they are still acting on the waitlist? and if so which number they're at? I'm currently out of the country so calling is a little hard with the time difference so any information you might have would really be helpful!

Hey I asked them where I was on the waitlist and the person didn't really tell me what my position was but told me he wasnt optimistic about me getting in. Also they're open to telling you as long as you give them your full name, ORPAS number and date of birth. Try first thing in the morning...if you dont get through directly to the admissions dept, call up reception and ask them to transfer you! Hope this helps!

contacted U of T PT about their wait-list and they said :

" At this point we are not making any offers to waitlisted students. This could theoretically change later in the summer, however it does not look likely at this point."

Has anyone contacted Queens PT about their wait-list or heard of anyone getting in off of it yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard back from Queen's after sending them an email about the waiting list? I sent one the other day and haven't heard anything back. Or has anyone been contacted to come off the list?

G

I sent them an email the other day ago as well - still waiting for a reply! Let me know if they get back to you!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would post this for any future applicants

Applied: Mac PT and OT

Accepted: Mac PT

Waitlisted: Mac OT (#4) - eventually got off the waitlist

cGPA: 3.80

Interview: I was pretty relaxed. I think this is key with any interview. MMI is a great interview format. Even if you royally screw up a station there is always a chance to recover later on.

Firm accepted Mac PT

Second this. Does anyone know or has anyone heard anything yet? I've been meaning to call but I haven't had a chance yet...

My friend was placed 18th on the Queen's PT waitlist and was contacted in late June to be notified that she is now their #1. However, they are apparently not dipping into the waiting list anymore unless one of the students who have already accepted inexplicably drops out before classes begin. It's rare but happens once in a while, usually late in the summer.

My friend was placed 18th on the Queen's PT waitlist and was contacted in late June to be notified that she is now their #1. However, they are apparently not dipping into the waiting list anymore unless one of the students who have already accepted inexplicably drops out before classes begin. It's rare but happens once in a while, usually late in the summer.

Thank you very much Scram! I really appreciate your response - It's not the one I'd like to hear, but I do appreciate the update!

Thank you very much Scram! I really appreciate your response - It's not the one I'd like to hear, but I do appreciate the update!

What was your original number? Wasn't it 20-23? I'd wager that you're now in the top 5.

You should find out when deadlines are coming up for Queen's students (fees etc.), as any student opting out would do so closer to that date. We're still in mid-July right now, so it would be too early to realistically expect someone to drop out and for you to get an offer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any stats on waitlist movement for Queens? I'm number 27 on the waitlist and I'm just wondering if I have any shot of getting in...

For those who want to know...

SubGPA: 3.65 (due to one VERY bad mark in second year - otherwise third year/fourth year first semester at ~3.8)

CumGPA: 3.50

ECs: >500 hours volunteer/work experience in three clinics, professional coach >5 years, work with variety village, raised $15,000 last year for cancer research.

Now that I have finished fourth year, I guess I will have a better shot next year as I will be at ~3.75 without upgrading. Anyone have any hopeful stories about getting in the second time around?

Does anyone have any stats on waitlist movement for Queens? I'm number 27 on the waitlist and I'm just wondering if I have any shot of getting in...

For those who want to know...

SubGPA: 3.65 (due to one VERY bad mark in second year - otherwise third year/fourth year first semester at ~3.8)

CumGPA: 3.50

ECs: >500 hours volunteer/work experience in three clinics, professional coach >5 years, work with variety village, raised $15,000 last year for cancer research.

Now that I have finished fourth year, I guess I will have a better shot next year as I will be at ~3.75 without upgrading. Anyone have any hopeful stories about getting in the second time around?

Did you seriously just try to copy and paste one of my previous posts and pass it off as your own?! Seriously...what is that accomplishing?!

• 5 weeks later...
I posted my stats on Friday but here is my updated version.......

Accepted: U of T OT, Western OT, McMaster OT, McGill OT

Wait listed: Queens OT, Dal OT

Accepting McGill OT!!

Good luck to all :)

I was wondering what your gpa was and what your extra curriculars were. I'm applying for OT this year and was curious to see the profiles of people who have been admitted already. Thanks!

Archived