Premed 101 Forums

UWO Academic advising problem

Hey guys

I am having A LOT of trouble contacting the academic advising centre for UWO. I have to go for an academic appointment to assess my transfer credits (I'm transferring from U of T) before I choose courses in the summertime for UWO. I sent them an email on May 4th detailing my situation...actually, I sent in the form for an academic appointment sometime in April. They got back to me on May 5th to address some transcript issues. So these issues were addressed. It's now May 30th, and I still haven't heard back from them over an academic appointment. I even tried to email them asking when I should expect an appointment and they haven't emailed me back. I tried calling the academic advising office for science/basic medical sciences and I can never get through to them. What is the problem here? Am I not doing something that I should be doing? Could it be because I'm taking a summer course now at U of T? I spoke to someone at the registrar's office at UWO and they said that it wouldn't be a problem because my transcript would be sent in before the August 1st deadline. Any help would be appreciated.

hey! yeah, sometimes they are really hard to get a hold of. If it's really important, get down to the office in person. Usually they are really helpful once you see them in person, but I've had very frustrating experiences trying to get a hold of them remotely. Also, you might want to go for the "drop in" hours (get there half an hour early becasue the slots can fill up fast!), and tell them you've come from out of town to see them.

http://www.uwo.ca/sci/counselling/office_hours.html

Keep trying to call them, you'll eventually get through, just don't call during lunch hour. They may not be replying to you via e-mail because their inbox is probably flooded with student e-mails, which does happen. But your concern is real and needs to be heard soon, so just give them a call every hour or so until you get through!

Camp out at your advisors office? I would seriously be a royal PITA. It's easy to ignore e-mails, not so easy to ignore someone who comes to their office everyday.

I would do that if I was living in London...I live in Toronto though...going there everyday would be way to expensive! :D

hey! yeah, sometimes they are really hard to get a hold of. If it's really important, get down to the office in person. Usually they are really helpful once you see them in person, but I've had very frustrating experiences trying to get a hold of them remotely. Also, you might want to go for the "drop in" hours (get there half an hour early becasue the slots can fill up fast!), and tell them you've come from out of town to see them.

http://www.uwo.ca/sci/counselling/office_hours.html

Thanks for the drop in hours link! I've been wondering if they had something like that, because I wasn't able to find it on their website before!

Keep trying to call them, you'll eventually get through, just don't call during lunch hour. They may not be replying to you via e-mail because their inbox is probably flooded with student e-mails, which does happen. But your concern is real and needs to be heard soon, so just give them a call every hour or so until you get through!

I called them at all hours of the day...I just can't get through to them. Actually, I spoke to the registrar today, and the person who answered the phone told me to call the individual departments for the courses that I'm planning to take in the fall, and talk to them about the courses I've taken. I'm not sure I'm too comfortable with this. What do you guys think?

I called them at all hours of the day...I just can't get through to them. Actually, I spoke to the registrar today, and the person who answered the phone told me to call the individual departments for the courses that I'm planning to take in the fall, and talk to them about the courses I've taken. I'm not sure I'm too comfortable with this. What do you guys think?

I also think so.

I see nothing wrong with calling their office. Advisors normally give out office numbers so there is nothing wrong with that. Although all my advisors have stated they don't check their messages, so don't bother leaving a message :rolleyes:

Archived