Premed 101 Forums

Motorcycle

GessO

The Owww is my hands lol holding the clutch and managing the throttle. And because the course starts at 8am (meaning a 6am wakeup for me) and goes until 6pm... I am pooped lol

Don't be a sissy:cool: Relax your grip, no need to hold the throttle tightly, loosen the clutch cable (if necessary) on whatever bike(s) you are using tomorrow for the practice/exam, relax your whole body, and let the bike do its thing so-to-speak. What your experiencing is a common complaint of new riders, especially during the 2 day courses. Once you start riding regularly on your own bike all of that should go away. If you want to go for a ride sometime just pm me. And if you haven't already, check-out GTAmotorcycle.com

no not really :)

I think tomorrow will prolly herald a better attitude and results from myself.

I'm sure I'm just letting my frustrations about not getting that turn just right or stalling for the up-teenth time get to me.

For a moment, I thought you were referring to the video game ... insurance would be pretty high if that is the case :rolleyes:

lol i wish i was talking abt the game haha!

Para, i hear that in AB insurance is much cheaper than the toronto area...im wondering if someone has an idea of what rates are like for the toronto area? my age..24

lol i wish i was talking abt the game haha!

Para, i hear that in AB insurance is much cheaper than the toronto area...im wondering if someone has an idea of what rates are like for the toronto area? my age..24

It can vary depending on insurance company, bike, displacement of engine, type of license, town you live in, etc., etc. I've paid as low as 400 bucks per year and I know people who pay as high as 5000 bucks per year. Find some insurance companies you are interested in and ask them for quotes.

It can vary depending on insurance company, bike, displacement of engine, type of license, town you live in, etc., etc. I've paid as low as 400 bucks per year and I know people who pay as high as 5000 bucks per year. Find some insurance companies you are interested in and ask them for quotes.

5000 bucks? Sweet baby Jesus.

I can't imagine paying that.

Congratulations on passing. I am sorry to hear you crashed-what happened?

We were practising emergency braking and they told me i was braking too slowly (as in if a car braked in front of me suddenly I would simply hit it more slowly ;) ) so i decided to challenge myself and try and brake quickly.

If you've never been on a motorcycle, think about a bicycle and squeezing the front brake really fast and the bike kinda jumps forward (or you go over the bars)

On a motorcycle that means crashing lol or rather falling over. You should see the bruising!! I'm wearing them with pride!! :D

We were practising emergency braking and they told me i was braking too slowly (as in if a car braked in front of me suddenly I would simply hit it more slowly ;) ) so i decided to challenge myself and try and brake quickly.

If you've never been on a motorcycle, think about a bicycle and squeezing the front brake really fast and the bike kinda jumps forward (or you go over the bars)

On a motorcycle that means crashing lol or rather falling over. You should see the bruising!! I'm wearing them with pride!! :D

It sounds like you either locked your front wheel or you tried to turn while front-braking. A couple of tips: 1) always always always apply the breaks in a smooth progressive fashion. That is to say, NEVER jab at the breaks. Breaking quickly still means breaking progressively, smoothly. This will help to prevent wheel-lock. 2) once on the rear break, stay on it even if it locks up. If you let-up on the rear break after it locks up you might create a high-side crash. For the front break, if it locks up, smoothly come-off a bit and then smoothly reengage. like I said before, if you want to go for a ride/practice a bit send me a pm and I am happy to spend an hour or two with you. Always a pleasure to help a fellow motorcyclist.

It sounds like you either locked your front wheel or you tried to turn while front-braking. A couple of tips: 1) always always always apply the breaks in a smooth progressive fashion. That is to say, NEVER jab at the breaks. Breaking quickly still means breaking progressively, smoothly. This will help to prevent wheel-lock. 2) once on the rear break, stay on it even if it locks up. If you let-up on the rear break after it locks up you might create a high-side crash. For the front break, if it locks up, smoothly come-off a bit and then smoothly reengage. like I said before, if you want to go for a ride/practice a bit send me a pm and I am happy to spend an hour or two with you. Always a pleasure to help a fellow motorcyclist.

Might take you up on that but I am not yet a proud owner of a motorcycle lol working on that tho! And then "WOOO!!!"

Archived