Premed 101 Forums

Parking Space Auction

Have them submit their driving records for the last 4 years. Drop the worst year and then use the best 3 to invite some of them to a series of garages you have rented out. Have them pull up to the garages and when you honk your horn the garages will open to reveal unique obstacles around which they must park. Repeat for each garage. You will claim that these obstacles help reveal their future ability to park well in your parking spaces, but secretly you know that these obstacles are only testing the parkers' knowledge of obscure medieval art. You will then offer the best parkers a spot while simultaneously placing some of the others in an excel spreadsheet and ranking them based on a complex formula involving their interpretation of said medieval art and alphabetical order by the 2nd letter of their last name. You will keep the excel group in suspense/limbo for several months until you also offer some of them a spot, due to the original parkers finding far better spaces in a different lot. You will then start an evil laugh because deep down you know that after the huge effort you made people go through, all that is really on offer is a paved piece of ground.

Just playin :P

Have them submit their driving records for the last 4 years. Drop the worst year and then use the best 3 to invite some of them to a series of garages you have rented out. Have them pull up to the garages and when you honk your horn the garages will open to reveal unique obstacles around which they must park. Repeat for each garage. You will claim that these obstacles help reveal their future ability to park well in your parking spaces, but secretly you know that these obstacles are only testing the parkers' knowledge of obscure medieval art. You will then offer the best parkers a spot while simultaneously placing some of the others in an excel spreadsheet and ranking them based on a complex formula involving their interpretation of said medieval art and alphabetical order by the 2nd letter of their last name. You will keep the excel group in suspense/limbo for several months until you also offer some of them a spot, due to the original parkers finding far better spaces in a different lot. You will then start an evil laugh because deep down you know that after the huge effort you made people go through, all that is really on offer is a paved piece of ground.

LOVE IT.

And that is wrong because?:confused:

Because everyone here is a student and not exactly swimming in money. I fully understand having available parking spots and charging a fee for it, but I think trying to create a bidding war to obtain the most money possible is pretty greedy, especially from people who will be your future classmates.

And that is wrong because?:confused:

C'mon man, auctioning Parking lot? serious? Is this Kijiji or ebay? Whats next here? Selling my couch? Anybody interested in buying my condo?

If somebody wants to make a short, respectable thread for selling stuff, I get it. But, since when did we start having auctions?

Because everyone here is a student and not exactly swimming in money. I fully understand having available parking spots and charging a fee for it, but I think trying to create a bidding war to obtain the most money possible is pretty greedy, especially from people who will be your future classmates.

C'mon man, auctioning Parking lot? serious? Is this Kijiji or ebay? Whats next here? Selling my couch? Anybody interested in buying my condo?

If somebody wants to make a short, respectable thread for selling stuff, I get it. But, since when did we start having auctions?

alright i see your point. holding an auction is unsavory. but he has the right to ask for as much as he wants for his property. i'm not about to shave 20% off my bike because i'm selling to another student.

alright i see your point. holding an auction is unsavory. but he has the right to ask for as much as he wants for his property. i'm not about to shave 20% off my bike because i'm selling to another student.

Absolutely he has the right to ask whatever he wants, but I think trying to milk money out to the maximum is a bit silly/poor taste.

Do people ever wonder why there are so many “lurkers” on PreMed101? It’s because at times this can be a downright hostile environment! My goodness – the guy (or girl) wants to auction a parking space that he/she has received a lot of interest on. Maybe not the most appropriate thread in the world for this, but that is up for the moderators to decide – we don’t need to jump on his/her throat because of it.

I’ll probably regret making this post as I’m sure I’ll be attacked for it in some way or another, but does anyone else find that PreMed101 is getting progressively 'nastier'? I for one find that because of it, I have less and less time for this website...

Thoughts?

Do people ever wonder why there are so many “lurkers” on PreMed101? It’s because at times this can be a downright hostile environment! My goodness – the guy (or girl) wants to auction a parking space that he/she has received a lot of interest on. Maybe not the most appropriate thread in the world for this, but that is up for the moderators to decide – we don’t need to jump on his/her throat because of it.

I’ll probably regret making this post as I’m sure I’ll be attacked for it in some way or another, but does anyone else find that PreMed101 is getting progressively 'nastier'? I for one find that because of it, I have less and less time for this website...

Thoughts?

How am I being nasty? Just as he/she has the right to create a thread, I also have the right to state my opinion. I never once insulted said individual or said anything "nasty". Rather, I expressed my opinion that I felt it was sleazy to be performing an auction with future classmates.

If you don't want people disagreeing, then I suggest perhaps not being part of a public forum.

Archived