Premed 101 Forums

completing the secondary application before the MCAT score come out

Hi everyone,

I am receiving the secondary applications for the schools that I have applied to, but I am also re-writing MCAT. Do you think I should submitt the secondaries or wait and do it after writing the MCAT since they wait for the second score anyways?

Thanks,

dedemed

Hi everyone,

I am receiving the secondary applications for the schools that I have applied to, but I am also re-writing MCAT. Do you think I should submitt the secondaries or wait and do it after writing the MCAT since they wait for the second score anyways?

Thanks,

dedemed

If the score is poor, are you not going to submit your secondaries? Is it your first time writing? I would get started on the secondaries right after your MCAT and submit them right when your marks come out.

Some schools start file review before your MCATs if you've written it before (I think Boston does this).

Bump this because I have an odd situation on my hands (and don't want to get flamed for starting a new thread).

I have my AMCAS verified and have received a number of secondaries already. I just received an additional LOR today which was excellent and I want to add it to my app.

When I add this to the schools in my AMCAS, it says "You have just added or modified a designated medical school. To have your application sent to your designated medical school(s) you must first certify and re-submit your application.

Do you want to certify and submit your application now?"

Does this mean I'll have to re-submit everything again and be at the 'back of the line'? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bump this because I have an odd situation on my hands (and don't want to get flamed for starting a new thread).

I have my AMCAS verified and have received a number of secondaries already. I just received an additional LOR today which was excellent and I want to add it to my app.

When I add this to the schools in my AMCAS, it says "You have just added or modified a designated medical school. To have your application sent to your designated medical school(s) you must first certify and re-submit your application.

Do you want to certify and submit your application now?"

Does this mean I'll have to re-submit everything again and be at the 'back of the line'? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Re-submitting to certify any changes in LOR does not send you at the back of the line. I base this on the AMCAS instructional manual, pg 55. I am in a similar situation but I am pretty sure we should be okay...

Archived