Premed 101 Forums

2nd degree vs. 5th year

Okay, so I've already posted here many of times, but I have a question about what I should do ( I have less then a week to decide and was hoping I can get some insight). So, I have to make a decision between the Radiological Tech. program and a fifth year. I'm writing my mcat in sept.

So, my gpa again, is 1st:3, 2nd:3, 3rd: 3.75, 4th:3.93

And the RT program is only to get into med school (I'm not too keen to work as a RT, but I may do it for a year or two if I don't get into med school right away). Its a 3 year program!

After my 5th year, I'm thinking of doing a Masters (which would be 2 years). This would be a total of 3 years as well.

So now I just want to make sure I make the right decision. What do you guys think? Which option makes me stronger to get into Med school, that is the main question.

Okay, so I've already posted here many of times, but I have a question about what I should do ( I have less then a week to decide and was hoping I can get some insight). So, I have to make a decision between the Radiological Tech. program and a fifth year. I'm writing my mcat in sept.

So, my gpa again, is 1st:3, 2nd:3, 3rd: 3.75, 4th:3.93

And the RT program is only to get into med school (I'm not too keen to work as a RT, but I may do it for a year or two if I don't get into med school right away). Its a 3 year program!

After my 5th year, I'm thinking of doing a Masters (which would be 2 years). This would be a total of 3 years as well.

So now I just want to make sure I make the right decision. What do you guys think? Which option makes me stronger to get into Med school, that is the main question.

If you start a new degree program then for Western's sake (can't help but to notice the name :) ) then you will have to finished that degree and it is quite possible only grades from the second degree will count - I am sorry that I can't remember this but where you able to get an interview at Western this year? What was your MCAT score? Have you actually graduated at this point?

Archived