Premed 101 Forums

Question on sketch - "Level of education" and "Summer or academic year"

Hi,

I have two questions that I was hoping somebody could clear up. I am looking at the Sketch part of the OMSAS application. When I enter "Volunteer activities", it asks me for "Level of education" and "Summer or academic". I want to enter a volunteer activity that I do now that I'm in the workforce and no longer in school.

Here are my questions:

1. What is meant by "Level of education"? Are they asking during what year of school I did this volunteer activity? What if it was done after graduation?

2. Do I have to enter something under the "Summer or academic" question if the activity was not done during the school year?

Here's what the OMSAS site instructions are - they don't seem to address the situation where someone wants to enter an activity that was not performed during school years: "Specify your education level, ie: 1st year of university. Indicate if the activity was during the summer or academic year, the hours per week and the number of years. Provide the location where the volunteer work took place and briefly describe your responsibilities."

1. What is meant by "Level of education"? Are they asking during what year of school I did this volunteer activity? What if it was done after graduation?

2. Do I have to enter something under the "Summer or academic" question if the activity was not done during the school year?

Here's what the OMSAS site instructions are - they don't seem to address the situation where someone wants to enter an activity that was not performed during school years: "Specify your education level, ie: 1st year of university. Indicate if the activity was during the summer or academic year, the hours per week and the number of years. Provide the location where the volunteer work took place and briefly describe your responsibilities."

So for question 1, put your level of study, or if you'd already graduated, put that. For question two: yes, if it was not done during the school year, then it was not during the "academic year" so you'd put summer, or non-academic.

Then put something along the lines of "post graduation" or "after completion of X degree".

You have quite a few characters to explain the situation in this box. Or you could just say that you do the activity all year long. You don't have to be restricted by their terms and say either summer or academic year.

Archived