Premed 101 Forums

I Need Advice

Hey everyone,

I made a list of all of the schools that I am planning to apply to in the US and all of their deadlines are on October 15th. Then I started doing some reading on the Applying to American Schools forum and apparently I should be submitting my AMCAS application as soon as possible.

Why does this need to be done at this very instant?

I can get everything together without a problem (letters of reference, etc.) but it seems like some people are acting as if it's too late or nearly so. I am just worried that I will be too late so I would like to know why I should submit everything asap.

Also, I write the MCAT on August 12th, which means that scores will not be released until mid-September after which I will instantly release my score to all of my target schools.

Again, how is this a disadvantage or is a only a disadvantage for rolling schools?

I'm busy studying but I want to know if I need to do this now.

Thanks!

Taking the August MCAT is an inherent disadvantage. You may have the summer to study but you will be complete late, meaning some spots may already have been filled by this time. I would submit everything now and just wait for the scores to arrive. You have no other option at this point.

Archived