Premed 101 Forums

Friday, August 12 - MCAT

Sebriz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok well here are my thoughts...

PS started confusing (first 2 questions) I was really scared but then it got decent. I think I did decent on this section..

VR started easy then got kinda confusing.. the passages were long tho and I had to rush the last two.. not sure how I did... (like all verbals)

WS -- was ok I really don't know how I did though.. I did have an exact passage as a practice though but I was still confused when I wrote it.

BS -- I feel it was the hardest bio I have ever had.. alot of orgo and really confusing questions..

This month is gonna suck waiting..

2PM Test ...

PS - harder than any AAMC I've ever done. They threw in a random terribly easy question to humiliate me further but I think I fared decently.

VR - Started easy, passages got longer and my time started chewing away. Finished with maybe 30 seconds to go, felt rushed! Not the worst I've done but I've definitely done better.

BS - Felt really good about this one... felt like most questions were straightforward from either passage info or what I knew. I completely guessed on one Orgo question! The wordy may have been tricky for some questions.

WS - Very good about this one too, never had much trouble with it anyway. One of my prompts was the exact same as one we had discussed in my Princeton WS class so it was breezy.

Now to play the waiting game!

What happened to the days of tests 3-10. Those tests you could finish and feel happy. 11 and the real one... different story. this month is gonna suck. and they already know our score for 3 sections.. why cant they just release partial scores for now. AHHH!

Afternoon:

Oh wow. Where do I start? High fives to all of you guys for being done!

BIO: can you say experimental? seriously was not anticipating that. I remember specifically looking for a non-experimental--nope there were none! Discretes...even those were loaded. By far the HARDEST bio ever.

PHYS: it was ok but way too many calculations! Each passage was jammed with these I had to guess some due to lack of time.

VR: ok not too bad. then again, no one really ever knows how anyone did on verbal... =S

Confession: came home and cried into my pillow. it is what it is. we are soldiers for trying at least. you win some, lose some. hope for the best and sometimes life surprises you.

I've never understood why they don't just give you your scores for the multiple choice sections at the end of the exam. It's all pre-scaled anyways based on historical performances on the passages, so it's not as though it's scaled day-of.

When you write the GRE's, you get your score right away. It's nice not to have to worry. AMCAS is evil.

I thought the scale was based on your actual session :confused:

What do you guys think are the chances of a bell-curve on this one?

There will always be a bell curve due to the statistical nature.. I think.

I thought the scale was based on your actual session :confused:

I read a post somewhere that they also scale you against anyone who has ever taken the passage or discrete question as well.

What do you guys think are the chances of a bell-curve on this one?

It will be standardized against the people that have done those questions/passages in the past. Essentially, our curve was pre-determined before we even went into the room. -.-"

I just found out that I spent a LOT of time on the experimental passage in PS, and ended up guessing the answers to an actual passage, damn.

It will be standardized against the people that have done those questions/passages in the past. Essentially, our curve was pre-determined before we even went into the room. -.-"

I just found out that I spent a LOT of time on the experimental passage in PS, and ended up guessing the answers to an actual passage, damn.

It seems its just luck with those exams. Every month or so, AAMC has to give a hard exam compared to other sessions. Although, I am sure the curve will work out fine.

Archived