Premed 101 Forums

Friday, August 12 - MCAT

Sebriz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay... I have a bit of a head ache, still kinda dizzy, but I don't think it is due to all the drinks I had last night - I think it has more to do with those orgo questions! My assessment:

Phys: Awesome! I loved it. I felt like whoever wrote this section new all of my weak areas, and avoided them. No annoyingly-easy-yet-I-always-get-wrong-for-some-reason-stoichiometry questions. First time out of all my practices I had time to review many questions which I rushed the calculations the first time through. I would say anywhere from 12-14.

Verbal: Again, I really liked this section. It felt a lot like EK, actually. Passages were easy to read, but the questions were highly ambiguous. Even though I felt good after this section, I still had a moment (only a few seconds..lol) when I thought there was an error and I got the wrong question stem which didn't match the passage. Timing felt good. On the fifth passage I noticed there were only 10 questions spread over passage six and seven, so I knew I could leave even as little as 12-13min for those. Felt like anywhere from a 9-13.

WS: I had to laugh....oh man...I couldn't believe it! It was worth it to do AAMC practice prompts, that's for sure. I could remember my exact essays for the same prompts that got an R from the Princeton markers, so I just tried to recreate them and elaborate.

Bio: This was where my stupid, giddy smile that had developed during the previous three sections got wiped off my face as if I had been slapped by ping pong forehand. Since I have never taken orgo, I thought it would suffice for me to learn the basic reactions and various structures. Well, this was a horrible mistake. I wish I knew every single reagent and ideal solvent for every type of reaction, in addition to knowing mechanisms cold. Man did this section leave me depressed. The bio was not too bad, but even if I got every bio question right, I would probably only get a 10..lol. Please, please, give me a 10!!! I would guess a range of 8-9.

okay... I have a bit of a head ache, still kinda dizzy, but I don't think it is due to all the drinks I had last night - I think it has more to do with those orgo questions! My assessment:

Phys: Awesome! I loved it. I felt like whoever wrote this section new all of my weak areas, and avoided them. No annoyingly-easy-yet-I-always-get-wrong-for-some-reason-stoichiometry questions. First time out of all my practices I had time to review many questions which I rushed the calculations the first time through. I would say anywhere from 12-14.

Verbal: Again, I really liked this section. It felt a lot like EK, actually. Passages were easy to read, but the questions were highly ambiguous. Even though I felt good after this section, I still had a moment (only a few seconds..lol) when I thought there was an error and I got the wrong question stem which didn't match the passage. Timing felt good. On the fifth passage I noticed there were only 10 questions spread over passage six and seven, so I knew I could leave even as little as 12-13min for those. Felt like anywhere from a 9-13.

WS: I had to laugh....oh man...I couldn't believe it! It was worth it to do AAMC practice prompts, that's for sure. I could remember my exact essays for the same prompts that got an R from the Princeton markers, so I just tried to recreate them and elaborate.

Bio: This was where my stupid, giddy smile that had developed during the previous three sections got wiped off my face as if I had been slapped by ping pong forehand. Since I have never taken orgo, I thought it would suffice for me to learn the basic reactions and various structures. Well, this was a horrible mistake. I wish I knew every single reagent and ideal solvent for every type of reaction, in addition to knowing mechanisms cold. Man did this section leave me depressed. The bio was not too bad, but even if I got every bio question right, I would probably only get a 10..lol. Please, please, give me a 10!!! I would guess a range of 8-9.

8am or 2pm? Either way you're the most optimistic Aug 12 MCAT writer I've seen so far!

8am or 2pm? Either way you're the most optimistic Aug 12 MCAT writer I've seen so far!

I was 2pm. I guess I am fairly optimistic, because, like you, I want 9/11/10 Q, which are western's cut-offs...lol. Anything above that in each section would be sweet!

I doubt I will get that 10 though, which really does piss me off.

• 2 weeks later...
Every day gets worse and worse. I don't know what it is, but my expectations for verbal have now decreased considerably.

Sep 13th can't come soon enough!

Hahahah exactly! My expectations for all of the sections are deteriorating as I ruminate over the questions I felt I was unsure about...then I think that there are probably so many other questions that I was unsure about but just don't remember. ughhhh hurry up!!

Lol guys, stop stressing. There's absolutely nothing anyone can do about their score at this point. What's coming on Sept 13 is going to come irrespective of how much you worry! I'm not confident either but just spend the next 20 days chilling / prepping apps and try not to think about the damn thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Not very well, the pressure is just incredible! I need this score to be good so that my summer next year is dedicated to apps and ECs...

I can't sleep at all anymore. This is just ridiculous- I've never been so affected by anything! I've been getting 3 hrs of sleep for the last 3 days and I think the trend will continue till Tuesday. :(

I can't sleep at all anymore. This is just ridiculous- I've never been so affected by anything! I've been getting 3 hrs of sleep for the last 3 days and I think the trend will continue till Tuesday. :(

Dude - you just have to chillax - there's really no point in scaring yourself silly over this since what's done is done. Just relax :P

Archived