Premed 101 Forums

Friday, August 12 - MCAT

Sebriz

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sonofagun....

I was getting 12s on verbal a week ago, it was always my best section and since then I've done 3 full lengths each with 9 on them (AAMC 7, 8 and 11) ... why??

My only guess is that you're overdoing it. Sometimes practicing too much without any breaks without verbal makes your score go down. No need to worry, if you've gotten to the point where you're getting 12s you'll be fine.

Just chill tonight and own it up tomorrow.

I did 9R yesterday and 8R today... VR is my weak point (13/11/14 on 9R, 14/10/13 on 8R). Despite the good practice scores, I'm still super freaked out for BS because I guess a LOT on ochem questions (luck?) and because most people I know tell me that the practice exams are way easier than the real thing.

No studying Thursday for me! (Well, I might practice some WS and review some formulas, but that's IT!)

I guess a lot of Ochem too. 88% of my guesses worked out in BS on my last AAMC and the percentage was similar on the others so I'm not focusing much on Ochem. In fact, I'm not focusing much on anything.

Thursday's for chilling, and I'm going to see Planet of the Apes

anyone worried about the verbal passages tomorrow?

Yep... I've had some trouble recently (still not bad lol) with the passage lengths and timing. Hopefully the MCAT Gods are nice to me :)

EDIT: Just finished a diagnostic, got the highest score I've ever gotten. Confidence = sky high... I'm glad I decided to do this test today.

Aug 12, morning test.

Felt it was OK overall.

Found PS harder than most AAMCs. For the first time, I ran out of time and literally guessed 3 questions. -.-"

Verbal seemed on par with the AAMCs

Bio was, again, harder than the AAMCs but good overall.

Essay felt OK.

Now to await Sept 13, 3.21pm

Aug 12, morning test.

Felt it was OK overall.

Found PS harder than most AAMCs. For the first time, I ran out of time and literally guessed 3 questions. -.-"

Verbal seemed on par with the AAMCs

Bio was, again, harder than the AAMCs but good overall.

Essay felt OK.

Now to await Sept 13, 3.21pm

Did you take a prep course? Kaplan? If so, how was the test compared to the practice test they provide?

Did you take a prep course? Kaplan? If so, how was the test compared to the practice test they provide?

I didn't take the course this year. I took the TPR course last year and found it to be useless (I only wrote the actual test this year). I've not done any TPR full tests.

I would say the AAMCs are good indicators. Prepare for something somewhat harder than the AAMCs.

I didn't take the course this year. I took the TPR course last year and found it to be useless (I only wrote the actual test this year). I've not done any TPR full tests.

I would say the AAMCs are good indicators. Prepare for something somewhat harder than the AAMCs.

Ohh okay thanks! How does it feel to be done :D

Archived