Premed 101 Forums

More than 10min for break??

Femto

Speaking of, can anyone tell me the consensus on writing things down on your paper?

I've heard that while you're in an authorized break you aren't allowed to write anything down.

Let's say, for example, you finish your writing sample 5 minutes early. Could you write down some orgo stuff or bio stuff in that 5 minutes instead of just clicking "Submit" and switching to your next break?

What about the 10 minute optional tutorial - can you write stuff down for PS then?

Thanks for any clarification.

Test centers are somewhat lenient regarding the 10 minute break, however try as much as you can to stay within limit. Don't leave them any excuse to give you any problems.

As well, I wouldn't write anything down during the break. It could be used against you as evidence of attempting to steal test info (it's a stretch, I know, but it's better to be safe than sorry). A student got called out for writing 'too much' on paper during the test as an attempt to steal info. Also, a student got written up for studying during breaks. He is having a lot of problems now with the AAMC, so when dealing with something like this, it is best to err on the side of caution. It may seem paranoid, but it will serve you in the end.

Archived