Premed 101 Forums

Studying For MCAT Next Summer

ecobeco

I plan to write the MCAT at the end of next summer but since I will be in summer school May-July I have started studying a bit in advance. I have Cracking the MCAT by TPR, and also each of their individual subject review books published in 2010. My question is, where do I begin? I have 6 books just resting on my table and I don't know which one to start with first. My weakness is physics (at least I didn't do very well in first year uni) and my strength I would say is bio and verbal. How much should I study now and how exactly should I study? Should I do a practice test first or is it too early ?

Make sure you don't register your cracking book until you are absolutely ready to be tested. Do the AAMC3 free exam online and the TPR free exam before registering your cracking book because it will only last for a year after you register!! Hope that helps! and good luck :)

Hi there,

I found this post from searching the forums, which is written by a passionate user:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49957&highlight=studying+for+mcat

Hope this helps.

Aw, thank you for calling me a passionate user.

That's very nice of you, rock33y.

And yeah, if there are any questions about the MCAT (or research), any of you users can send me a PM. As long as my signature does not read "Taking a break from private messages" I'll try my best to respond ASAP :)

Yes, I'm human :P . But I'm a social science student, so I haven't had the exposure to chem/bio most typical 'premeds' have had, which put me at a disadvantage for the PS/BS sections.

I'm still nowhere near as talented as one of my best friends on the VR section though; she managed a 15 on one of the practise AAMCs and scored 12/13/14 on most of them. :eek:

Archived