Premed 101 Forums

August 23 - No where NEAR where I want to be

jdr44

Hey Guys,

For those of you scoring good MCAT scores - what are your MCAT studying strategies?

I feel like I choke as soon as the MCAT starts on my computer.

Do you tend to study material in the morning - and then practise MCAT in the afternoon?

Read over material?

I am having a little freak out. When I hear of people getting 30's now - 3 weeks away - I am no where near this.

Any help welcome!

Cheers!

What do you mean you choke? You forget everything, or you get too nervous, or your scores just aren't where you want them to be?

I would never study on the same day I was doing a full-length practice MCAT. I would get up early (I was scheduled for an early exam), then write the test, and do nothing. The next day I'd go over my test in detail, identifying where and why I made mistakes. If I felt I made a mistake due to a big gap in knowledge, I'd review whatever concepts were required for that section.

If you're "choking" because you get too nervous or you forget stuff, doing it the way above might help. If you're studying all morning then writing a test in the afternoon, your brain is probably already fatigued and you might be having some information overload.

Archived