Premed 101 Forums

IP vs. OP

atesme

I've been attending McGill for the last three years as a Quebec Resident (my mom lives in Quebec, I'm from Toronto) and so I could continue to declare my residency when I apply to McGill this year. However, I've been hearing some things about how they don't like it if they think you're a 'fake' resident - ie, you don't actually live in Quebec but slipped through the system somehow - b/c they're really interested in people who are loyal to Quebec and will stay there after graduating.

So my question (and I know it's a little absurd) - is it still better, despite all I've said above, to apply as a Quebec resident? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot...

I've been attending McGill for the last three years as a Quebec Resident (my mom lives in Quebec, I'm from Toronto) and so I could continue to declare my residency when I apply to McGill this year. However, I've been hearing some things about how they don't like it if they think you're a 'fake' resident - ie, you don't actually live in Quebec but slipped through the system somehow - b/c they're really interested in people who are loyal to Quebec and will stay there after graduating.

So my question (and I know it's a little absurd) - is it still better, despite all I've said above, to apply as a Quebec resident? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot...

two of my friends got into mcgill as IP just for: a) having been born there, and B) having been baptized there. they have never lived there, but were still considered IP and got in. so apply as a quebec resident for sure!

Archived